PDA

View Full Version : Hurry up...

maestrowork
11-20-2009, 03:36 AM
And write!

Just as I was dreaming of going on Oprah to promote my to-be-released masterpiece... she just announced her show would quit on September 9, 2011.

I guess that would give her some time to prepare for the end of the world in 2012.

bettielee
11-20-2009, 03:37 AM
No ways!

Oh hell. Even if I published, I have squat chance of going on Oprah.

Hope Wayne gets his book deal soon.

Ken
11-20-2009, 03:49 AM
... you can do it, Maestro.
So get to work, or --> :whip:

;-)

maestrowork
11-20-2009, 03:52 AM
... you can do it, Maestro.
So get to work, or --> :whip:

;-)

Dude, even if I get accepted tomorrow (the book's not even finished yet), it wouldn't be published in time.

Ken
11-20-2009, 03:54 AM
... some books go to press in less than a year, especially if they're really sensational. So you'll just have to write something of the sort. Now no more excuses ;-)

Perks
11-20-2009, 03:55 AM
She's been quite a phenomenon in the book world and in a place where there wasn't any such presence (not that I've always liked the books she promoted.) I wonder what will happen? Will someone new snap up that function, someone established waiting to pick the bones of the timeslot, or will it just go away entirely?

Ken
11-20-2009, 04:01 AM
... she has a magazine called 'O' I think so I suppose she'll be continuing that, along with her 'book club,' too, perhaps. I've only watched one or two of her shows but I think the promotion of books is a good thing. So I hope she continues that in some way, while diversifying her selections more to include other genres.