Need a big kick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there

I really need a huge kick. I am just not getting on with writing - for quite a while now. I need to do a massive rewrite - I even want to change the plot quite a bit - and I just don't know how to do this. Do I start from scratch? Do I cut and paste? The thing is that I have a fully edited, proofread, beautiful manuscript and I am loathe to start messing with a finished product, even though I know it needs to be improved. I know, bring on the psychologists!

So, anyone want to apply a cattle prod? Seems I need a little motivating!

Reaction score
Take it chapter by chapter. Break it down into little steps.

Mark up the pages, then either retype them or move the corrections into your word.doc (or whatever software you use).

Failing that, I have a lovely cattle prod with your name on it!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I%20am%20mean%20!%20%20So%20don%20%27t%20make%20me%20kick%20your%20butt.jpg

SecretScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! Problem is, with the major plot changes I need to make I tried going chapter to chapter, but not sure it is going to work that way. Then I tried going to blank page, start again, and that was just so hard to do!

Wayne, I'll do it, I'll do it, just call him off!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Hi there

I really need a huge kick. I am just not getting on with writing - for quite a while now. I need to do a massive rewrite - I even want to change the plot quite a bit - and I just don't know how to do this. Do I start from scratch? Do I cut and paste? The thing is that I have a fully edited, proofread, beautiful manuscript and I am loathe to start messing with a finished product, even though I know it needs to be improved. I know, bring on the psychologists!

So, anyone want to apply a cattle prod? Seems I need a little motivating!
Srsly now. Uncle Jim said it best. Your first draft is a ball of clay. Shape it, toss it, use it as an outline. I would suggest if you're serious, to print it up and go at it.

I say this because I rewrote Black Dark 4 times, and in hindsight the original was a good outline.

Get to it and let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.