Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhush

Slave to the metal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
You guys are so helpful Ill just tell you what Im dealing with. I have decided to place my novel with Kensington, and my editor was suggesting I put a paranormal, romantic twist on it. The ms is about a group of amazons going on a quest (in a very tiny nutshell.) I am balencing a gay and straight romance in it. 1 between 2 of the amazon girls, one with an amazon and a man named Iysis who I would like to make supernatural in some way that makes their romance very difficult. He is a damned soul who is neither dead nor alive, (dont worry, he wont look it! ha...) but in between, and is trying to reedem his soul...yada yada long story. I like the sexy aspects of vampires, but would want the supernatural aspect to be completely different. I am not very "in the know" with the romance market, so would that make it more paranormal?

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Yeah, a damned soul would probably qualify for paranormal (since while there's debate on whether they exist, you generally don't find them in the cubicle down the aisle from your desk.) What you might try is since he's both dead and alive, what if he can't control when he is a living, breathing man, so that the more flustered he gets when she's around, the less likely it is he can remain solid? That makes love pretty tricky, because as he gets aroused, he fades out. So he would have to control himself very strongly to give her pleasure and she would have to put up with him growing more insubstantial as he got his own pleasure, possibly disappearing entirely as he reaches climax so she feels all "float-y" right at the end (especially if he can make HER float! LOL!)

Just a thought.

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Cathy C said:
So he would have to control himself very strongly to give her pleasure and she would have to put up with him growing more insubstantial as he got his own pleasure, possibly disappearing entirely as he reaches climax so she feels all "float-y" right at the end (especially if he can make HER float! LOL!)

Now that is a cool scenario. I would definitely read something like that. I agree with scfirenice. I would love to see how that scene pans out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.