PDA

View Full Version : David V Goliath (Ireland V France) Does Ireland have a slingshot?

Paul
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
This is a footie question for those unsure.

Is a moral victory enough? (:D)

Silent Rob
11-18-2009, 04:14 PM
It's always a moral victory when you're playing France.

Paul
11-18-2009, 06:09 PM
It's always a moral victory when you're playing France.

He He He
Now, now, we'll 'ave none of that...

Priene
11-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Hmmm, let me think. Does FIFA want former world cup holders France (population 62 million) in the World Cup or Ireland (population 4 million)?

Paul
11-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Hmmm, let me think. Does FIFA want former world cup holders France (population 62 million) in the World Cup or Ireland (population 4 million)?

Em, that's not the question!

HA ha. Yeah I know.
I suspect there may be one or two Irish footie fans who'd prefer to see the likes of Henri and Anelka and Evra play in the world cup than em, well you know...

Still, wasn't David laughed at? By them non-believers? And see what happened. Well?

James81
11-18-2009, 09:59 PM
If Ireland doesn't win, at least they will still have beer.

emilycross
11-18-2009, 11:39 PM
You all set for tonight Paul

*fingers crossed* and throw in a few Hail Marys for good luck!!!

I wonder how things shall go after the skirmish between Diarra and Andrews at the end of the last match?

emilycross
11-19-2009, 02:45 AM
A bloody disgrace, Ireland was the better team tonight. Can NOT BELIEVE the ref allowed that goal.

When is football going to move into the 21st century!!!!

Absolutely gutted for the lads, they were brilliant!

Silver King
11-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Moved the thread from Office Party, as this forum can use more love from footballers. :)

Priene
11-19-2009, 01:10 PM
A bloody disgrace, Ireland was the better team tonight. Can NOT BELIEVE the ref allowed that goal.

To quote myself:

There was no way France weren't going to the World Cup finals. Just no way.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjTxllNRKM4)'s Thierry Henry using his basketball skills en route to the net.

Fran
11-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Je pense que les jouers francais sont malvaisants*.

Poor Ireland :(

*I think the French players are evil ;)

emilycross
11-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Fran i don't blame the french players - i blame the game. Every other international game out there has video refering except soccar!!! The lines man had a clear view, the irish players went to the ref straight away - he didn't even ask Henri if it was a handball (and Henri admitted to it too)!

I can't even describe the mood here, we're all so upset over it cause the lads played an amazing game and deserved to go to south africa

Strange Days
11-20-2009, 02:01 AM
And Russia lost too... :( Both Ireland and Russia should've been in the World Cup... I hope thy at least organize a friendly now...

Paul
11-20-2009, 02:15 AM
WE WAS ROBBED!

Sad state of affairs.
Funniset headline was the Sun (a paper i do not read!)

THE HAND OF FROG

(referencing Maradona's famous moment)

emilycross
11-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Yeah lots of hand of gaul references too.

Sort of painful listening to it all - God only knows how the players feel after all this.

I doubt a rematch will happen, and if it did i'd say france would be gunning for us.

*sigh*

waylander
11-20-2009, 02:58 AM
The FIA (Football Association of Ireland) have asked FIFA for a replay according to the BBC

emilycross
11-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Yup and the Taoiseach is supporting it blah blah blah.

I doubt it will do any good but at least its something!

I suppose we can take comfort in the fact that maybe Theirry Henry might follow Niall Quinn and turn to the GAA - he's the hand skills for it anyhoo lol