For the love of Monopoly...

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
Someone please clear this up...

You own all of the color sections (for one color). You have to buy one hotel for each square per color before you can buy the second hotel, right? And so on, and so on...

Omega423

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Someone please clear this up...

You own all of the color sections (for one color). You have to buy one hotel for each square per color before you can buy the second hotel, right? And so on, and so on...

i always thought it was you could buy a hotel for a square that you own (if you own all the colors) and could upgrade it to the second hotel without having to do anything...

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
yes--well houses anyway--well now wait, now i have to look. I think you can access rule book online (Milton Bradley? or Parkerhouse?)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was one house at a time - and you can't have more than a one-house discrepancy between properties of the same colour (e.g. 1-0-1, 1-2-1, or 2-2-1 are okay, but 2-0-1 is not)... and when you bought the fifth house for a property, they converted to a hotel.

IIRC, the original game has no provision for more than one hotel on a property.

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
lol

This is the most confusing game in history. I meant, houses, but I think we've figured it out...I think. I'll be back if not. lol

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
TheGameDoctorsAdvocate.jpg