• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Readers wanted for YA paranormal romace

Status
Not open for further replies.

TereLiz

Necromancer to the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, y'all! Recently revised my mss and I'd love to find a beta who has never read my novel before. I've rewritten it in third person from first, which I hope makes it a better story. Here's the query summary:

The first time high school senior Evangeline Cowen stares into the soulful eyes of Jude Dulac, she’s already been transported over a century back in time, drugged, sold, and nearly sacrificed to a demon. Jude, a Black Creole necromancer, is the hottest guy she’s ever met in any time-- literally. She can’t even touch his hand without being burned. And she can’t bring herself to tell him and the other the demon-hunting members of the Cerberus Society that she comes from another century. Since her trip through time has made her an anomaly-- a product of dark magic-- Jude knows from their very first touch that she has a secret. Evie lives the first week fearing he might reveal it. With her mixed feelings for Jude to figure out, a coven of underage witches to protect, and her own newly awakened powers to tame, Evie doubts she’ll ever get home. She isn’t even sure she wants to.

Finally returned her to her own time by one of the young witches, Evie discovers she was just a pawn in a decades old feud between rival covens. Now the modern coven thinks she might have cursed their highpriestess. Searching for an ally said to be Jude’s descendant, she actually finds Jude himself, still alive, and looking almost exactly the same. He reveals that he is half-incubus, one of the very creatures he has sworn to protect mankind against. Though they can now touch without pain, Jude won’t let her waste her life and her youth pining over him. Together they must find the witch who hitched a ride to the future on the same spell she used to get Evie home, and convince the modern coven of Evie’s innocence. Before the rogue witch does something even more desperate: summon Jude’s demon father from Hell to aid her in her revenge.
:evil

I'm critting a full for another writer at this point, but I would certainly be open to critting a partial at this time or a full down the road if you are interested. :D

Thanks, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.