Does anyone know what this means?

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
Okay, this is personal which is why I put it in office party and not the blogging section of AW.

My blog has always had modest traffic, (20 or so a day, less on weekends), and suddenly this past week, the numbers started going nuts. 100, 200, 300 and they all show a link to a phrase, "The NEXT Iron Chef" and are from all over the world. It is very strange because it's not just hits, it's visits. Is there something going on internationally that I just missed in the news? It's very funky because all of the extra hits and visits are referenced through "The NEXT Iron Chef."

I'd tell you to title your next blog entry that and see if it increases your hits and visits but it still wouldn't explain WHY this happened. Call me a cynic, but I don't think the guys in Sweden, Italy, Ireland, Malasia, Indoensia and Finland are thinking, Wow, she's a funny writer, I'll go back and I'll tell ten of my closest friends and they'll tell ten friends and so on and so on and so on...I don't think this is my big break and I'll be discovered. I'm not evens sure what I'm worried about, but it just feels wierd.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

Last edited:

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd love to help out, but I don't even think that 300 people know I'm alive. It sounds like a good trend though. Good luck!

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since that is the name of a food network show, people are probably googling for the show and your blog post comes up.

MM

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed a remarkable increase in hits when I shanged my name to Oprah. :D

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MaryMumsy's nailed it.

Maryn, who won't speculate on what else she might have nailed

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I noticed a remarkable increase in hits when I shanged my name to Oprah. :D

what is this 'shanged'? i hate it when the hip young things toss new ninja wordskillz into our vocabulary. what does it all mean?

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I uploaded a pic from Watchmen onto a blog post I did about the movie and for the next month I got hits on that thing from all over the world. It was crazy. I still get hits on it occasionally from random spots. All I can think is that google image search picked it up. Not sure why since it's just one of the promo posters which I cropped down to one character.

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Gah. I type "shanged" as often as I do "shildren".

Yea, if you have any phrase that matches something popular, search engine hits will bury you. I get a laff out of some of the searches that find my site. My fan-fic is responsible for a lot of them. Not such a bad thing, since I expect to get a lot of readers from that fandom. Me crazy like fox. ;)