PDA

View Full Version : Argh! I want a brain transplant.

Gehanna
11-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Why can't I just do a thing I want to do without considering strategies and running scenarios?!? In certain situations it works, but for crying out loud, all I want to do is pick a spot for the Christmas tree this year!

Alright, now, let me calm down a moment....

Here is the crazy thing about my thinking style. I could choose to think differently. I could be like Nike and Just Do It, but then.... ahhhh &%#^&! I'm getting ready to do it again. No more scenarios! I'm going to go into the other room, close my eyes, spin around in a circle a few times, stop and then point. Wherever it is I am pointing when I open my eyes is where the tree is going!

side note: I should probably wait at least 30 min before I start spinning around in circles. This is because I just finished eating a huge bowl of cottage cheese with ketchup on it. In the meantime, I'll go make a wide clearing for myself. I am accident prone. :D Yeah I know. How can someone who considers strategies and runs scenarios be accident prone? Because implementation is not my forte. :o

Gehanna

StoryG27
11-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm going to go into the other room, close my eyes, spin around in a circle a few times, stop and then point. Wherever it is I am pointing when I open my eyes is where the tree is going!

My luck, I'd be pointing at the door when I opened my eyes.

Xelebes
11-17-2009, 10:47 PM
side note: I should probably wait at least 30 min before I start spinning around in circles. This is because I just finished eating a huge bowl of cottage cheese with ketchup on it.

Please! Did you not think of the scenarios when you downed that???

You could also do what my mom does. Set up the tree and then move it whenever the whim strikes.

Darzian
11-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Please! Did you not think of the scenarios when you downed that???

You could also do what my mom does. Set up the tree and then move it whenever the whim strikes.

I suggest adding wheels to the bottom for convenience. :D

OP: I know totally how it feels as I'm exactly the same way. It's a disaster but I wouldn't like it any other way.:badthoughts

NeuroFizz
11-18-2009, 12:34 AM
A lobotomy will solve the problem forever--no more running scenarios or future planning. That'll give you a Nike brain for sure.

JoNightshade
11-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Consider the alternative, which would be my brain. It makes all decisions almost instantly. I'm not even getting a tree and I still know exactly where it would go if we had one. It sounds convenient until you add anyone else into the equation. Man, other people's opinions and input - such a bother! Clearly there's only one right answer here! I might as well just go ahead and do it before they (ahem, husband) get home before they have time to object. If it's done, it's done and we can't change it.

This gets me in trouble. All the time. ;)