• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for YA Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeenAuthor

Registered
Reaction score
I need a beta reader (or two or three, the more the merrier) to give me some output and constructive criticism for my YA fantasy novel. Anybody interested and got some spare time on their hands?

kelogs1347

Registered
Reaction score
May I suggest you post the summary of your story so that people could decide whether they'd like to read it or not?

Thanks. :)

TeenAuthor

Registered
Reaction score
Sure thing:

Sixteen year-old Coralie “Cora” Parker might be going mental. There’s something weird about her cat. Actually, he’s not even a real cat. He’s Kyle Grimalkin, a shape-shifter with angst issues, orange eyes, and a super-cute dimple…you know, when he actually made the effort to smile. Now, along with volleyball, school, and friends, Cora has to juggle keeping Kyle (and the fact that he’s practically her roommate) a secret from her parents. Plus, she’s got to do something about Kyle’s attitude. It’s, like, bad boy mixed with angsting goth! What’s up with that?
But when Cora’s long-distance boyfriend, Gavin Cooper, pays a surprise visit, Cora’s initial elation begins to turn to suspicion. Ever since Gavin arrived, Kyle’s instincts have been going berserk, and the one thing he won’t tell Cora is why, except that it may be a mistake to put too much trust in Gavin. It doesn’t help that Gavin himself isn’t revealing anything either. Cora’s stuck in the middle and has no clue whether she should believe Gavin, her boyfriend of five years, or Kyle, her best friend of five weeks. She just hopes she makes the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.