New Moon!!!

*NeW*WrItEr*

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'm probably going to sound like every other person who is anxiously awaiting the movie, but I'm soooo excited!!! We bought tickets already and I'm counting down the days till I finally see the next movie of the Twilight saga. The anticipation is driving me mad! Why can't Saturday hurry up and get here so I can see it?! Ahh!

But on a side note, I do NOT see why they placed Dakota Fanning as Jane. She is NOT a Jane, at least, I don't see her as Jane. She is too innocent to play that role. But, she said she wants to get into the evil role for once so....we shall see.

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
I thought she was perfect for Jane because she was supposed to look all sweet and unassuming, but was really evil.

I've got my tickets, too, and can't wait! But I don't think there are too horribly many of us on AW. lol

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
*barfs on the keyboard*

Nuff said.

"leaves thread*

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
I enjoyed the books. They're not great, but I enjoyed them. Liked the first movie well enough. The cast impresses me. The publicity makes the film to look gorgeous (and they've improved the make-up noticeably imho).

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
000cc3hk

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
A friend and I will probably see it the last week of school (first week fo December) when we need a break from frying our brains with law. We're only seeing it for the werewolves. I'm just happy we don't have to see freaking sparkly vamps for the majority of the film. I'm sorry but a vampire does not sparkle. They burst into flames when they step into sunlight. And a good beheading or stake (or in some cases sword if there's a swirly vortex of hell behind them) to the heart should do it.

Yes, I'm Whedonite. Hear me laugh as Buffy kicks Edward's sparkly butt (and then goes ans snogs Spike).

Oh yeah...I should leave before the twi-hards descend upon me. *is off to watch Will Wheaton be a jerk*

Lauretta

In the fantasy word.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ciliegino.dallemieparti.net
I enjoyed the first movie more than the book. It's very romantic and goes straight to the point, without any crap.
I just don't think there is enough passion between Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. They should send signals everytime they meet, but they just don't. There is no sparkle in their eyes as there should be when you are dying with passion for someone.

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
I hated the Twilight movie but I really did enjoy the second book enough to give it a chance at the box office (my grandmother saw Rob Pattinson on TV and said "he's sexy!" so I have a date, too ;)). Plus, Stephenie Meyer was excited enough about the movie to make an appearance on Oprah so it must be better than Catherine Hardwicke's interpretation.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
I enjoyed the first movie more than the book. It's very romantic and goes straight to the point, without any crap.
I just don't think there is enough passion between Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. They should send signals everytime they meet, but they just don't. There is no sparkle in their eyes as there should be when you are dying with passion for someone.

I think the movies are better than the books so far. Just change how they sparkle. I thought it would be more of a "Stardust" sparkle shine.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the movie was better than the book. (Had to pick the book up to see what all the fuss was about.) The book reads like a second draft in need of more work. It's too bad because it could've been a better story for all that.

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
Gotta point out that in folklore -- and in fiction up until the play version of Dracula -- vampires at no time suffered any damage whatsoever from sunlight.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gotta point out that in folklore -- and in fiction up until the play version of Dracula -- vampires at no time suffered any damage whatsoever from sunlight.

But...then Dracula happened, and now all god-damned vampires should burn in sunlight and like it. Hurumph.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully this movie will be edited better than the last one (all those 12 second scenes and smashcuts made me motion sick). I'll probably watch it, because I think the weres were the better characters, but I'm not exactly excited.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
In the novel, Dracula is seen walking in daylight and didn't burn up, it's Hollywood that originally made vamps burn to dust in the sun. And Steph to make them sparkle.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'll wait to rent it on DVD.

Last edited:

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
Technically it was the Hamilton Deanne play of Dracula that introduced the whole "fatal sunlight" bit and then F.W.Murnau used in for the film Nosferatu.

I don't mind the sparkling much, but I do miss fangs (first introduced in vampire fiction in Varney The Vampyre).

~*Kate*~

brings the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katehart.net
I've got my tickets, too, and can't wait! But I don't think there are too horribly many of us on AW. lol

I found out two friends are closet Twihards and we rounded up a fourth unsuspecting victim to go Friday night. I am both psyched and not embarrassed by said psyched-ness.