• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

QuestionaIre for people seeking writing partners

Did you find the questionaire useful and easy to understand?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

clarity_jane

The Punk Prophet
Registered
Reaction score
I have created a questionaIre i though might be useful for people seeking or interested in becoming writing partners, feel free to use as an aid in finding the person who fits the description of what you are looking for.

Please let me know what you think and if you have found it useful, perhaps i should start another thread simply for answers to the questionare where people can fill it out and people can search through to find potential writing partners what do you guys think?

NOTE- Thanks to sunandshadow vbmenu_register("postmenu_277532", true); for for advice and proposed changes, i am greatful for your help and have implemented these changes

Clarity Jane

WRITING PARTNER QUESTIONAIRE

Check which of the following applies to you:

A) I have a partially developed project I want help implementing,
B) I have a vague idea I want help developing,
C) I want to write a particular format/genre/subject matter but I want to cooperatively come up with a project idea.

Describe the project/idea/type of writing you want a partner to work with you on.

Please complete the following questions as honestly as possible

1. What can you offer to the partnership?

2. Do you both keep deadlines and work at the same speed?

3. How will the work be divided?

4. Is the subject matter suited to co writing?

5.Do you have skills that will compliment each other? ( as opposed to having exactly the same though patterns and ideas)

6. Will all contributions be considered equal?

7.Are you located in or around the same area?

8. Are your friends/family supportive of the project? ( will your kids or partner stop you from doing your share of the work)

Please answer Yes or No to the following questions

What will the partnership offer you that you believe you cant do alone

A feeling of obligation to get the material finished? Y/N

Twice as much ideas and concepts? Y/N

Regular time committment? Y/N

Additional skills and expertise? Y/N

Mutual learning? Y/N

Fun and excitement? Y/N

Companionship? Y/N

If upon completing the questionaire both parties agree to a working relationship, make sure to compose and sign a letter of agreement detailing all the legal and financial aspects of the partnership. Remember it might sound great now and you may be the best of friends but sales and money can change that.

Last edited:

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
It might not be a book, it might not have a title yet... I like a lot of these questions, but I think the very first question should be: "Check which of the following applies to you: A) I have a partially developed project I want help implementing, B) I have a vague idea I want help developing, or C) I want to write a particular format/genre/subject matter but I want to cooperatively come up with a project idea." And then the second question should be, "Describe the project/idea/type of writing you want a partner to work with you on."

Mihoshi

Registered
Reaction score
Great questionnaire! I'm going to copy and, hopefully, use it in the future if you don't mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.