PDA

View Full Version : Publisher and Literary Agency Hit List: Who Not to Trust

entropic island
11-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Top three. Just finished the article on it. Read it here. (http://hubpages.com/hub/Publisher-and-Literary-Agency-Hit-List-Who-Not-to-Trust?done)

eqb
11-15-2009, 04:21 AM
I agree that PA and Fletcher place high in the list the top scammers, but Dixie is merely a gormless idiot, not a scammer. There are other genuine bad guys who deserve a higher spot in the worst agent/publisher list.

Also, if you know the author, tell them to double-check their spelling of Jim's last name.

entropic island
11-15-2009, 04:36 AM
Oh, I am the author, sorry about that. I'll revise it in the morning, as I'm about to get off, sorry. I just posted this here 'cause I thought it might be helpful.

...It does miss some, but I tried to hit not necessarily the WORST (well, that too) but also a wide variety. From; IDIOT, SCAMMER, PA.

frandavea
11-15-2009, 04:52 AM
You'd think this list would be a little bigger.

Actually, a lot bigger.

James D. Macdonald
11-15-2009, 05:26 AM
The guy from Dixie is just clueless. I don't think he'd rate a slot on a top-three-hundred worst list, let alone a top-three.

Here's Writer Beware's top twenty worst agent list (http://www.sfwa.org/for-authors/writer-beware/thumbs-down-agency/).

entropic island
11-15-2009, 05:35 AM
I got rid of it cause I felt bad about bashing Dixie...

James D. Macdonald
11-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Yeah. The guy from Dixie is himself as much of a victim of the bad info that's floating around teh intratubez as anything else.

And guys like him are way-common, too. Same old story: Writer can't get agent. Writer becomes agent, to help other writers like himself who can't get agent. Add six months or a year, ends in tears and recriminations. Repeat with new author who can't get agent....

entropic island
11-15-2009, 07:37 AM
I restored it, but added a sympathy line for Dixie. I feel the article is important for aspiring writers to know.

AC Crispin
11-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi. I left you a comment for you to read. Feel free to keep it between ourselves and not posted.

But it gives you information I feel you should know. I realize your heart is in the right place, but what you've done with this site exposes you to risk, and you should be aware of it.

-Ann C. Crispin
Chair, Writer Beware
www.writerbeware.com