Jorge Cruise writes a new Belly Fat Cure Book!

WriterintheWind

Registered
Reaction score
Website
supersubteacher.blogspot.com
OK, I don't want to be a buzz kill on this fun thread, but the holidays are coming up and weight loss is an ongoing goal for me. This title sounds too good to be true....probably is but I did just preorder it (releases Dec. 29) from Amazon:

"The Belly Fat Cure: Discover the Carb Swap System and Lose 4 to 9 lbs. Every Week" by
~ Jorge Cruise

I bet this will really fly off the shelves!

Amazon's preorder sale price is $13.46: http://tinyurl.com/ycszffj

And here I thought Jorge Cruise was a "one hit wonder!" LOL

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
The Belly Fat Cure: Eat regular, properly proportioned, balanced meals. Lay off the alcohol a bit, and drink water- instead of juicesmoothiecokecoffeethickshakeflavouredmilk- to quench your thirst.

I just saved anyone reading this thread $13.46 :D :D :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Weight gain happens to people for different reasons. It's not always a matter of the foods we eat or how much we consume. And often it has nothing to do with lack of exercise or being "lazy."

Dieting and weight loss are touchy subjects which have a history of being hurtful to some members. I trust that if we're going to discuss the book or its subject, respondents will leave out their theories and general biases and approach this topic with the highest level of compassion and understanding that we all deserve.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
And EXERCISE.

Get your lazy arse off the couch and watch the weight fall away. :)

Hardly. It's a lot more complex than that. I know people who run marathons and yet still struggle with their weight.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I apologise for any offense caused by my comment.

I allowed my personal distaste for this kind of book and the weight loss industry in general to cloud my judgment.
Not sure if anyone was offended, but it's good of you to expand upon the meaning of your earlier comments.

Thank you.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think people are mostly making fun of the way someone is always coming out with a book that promises something it probably can't really deliver.

It is true that weight loss is a personal kind of thing--what works for one person might not work for another.

What bugs some of us is that some people just write these kinds of books to make money and some people are suckered into buying "fast cures" or "new approaches" to weight loss that might not even work.

Personally, I'd save my money and just consult with my doctor to find the best way to lose weight and get in shape.

Last edited:

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
What bugs some of us is that some people just write these kinds of books to make money and some people are suckered into buying "fast cures" or "new approaches" to weight loss that might not even work.

This.

My husband is a dietitian, so I'm a little biased, but he's genuinely helped people get within their healthy weight range (whether that meant losing or gaining weight). He's also helped people when it came to eating better for health/healing/therapy in the hospital. There are also other professions out there (ie doctors, personal trainers, etc) that exist to genuinely help people.

When I see books like this (whether or not this is the case, it’s how I see it), I see people who are looking to make a quick buck off a predominantly obese society. They in no way make themselves available (even if they did, they couldn't help) to aid the individual to meet their health goals. I understand that many of these books may very well contain advice that may help individuals out there, but I am still tired of underqualified people coming up with gimmicks to sell to the overweight public, when there are other, more reliable and more healthy methods out there.

It's bull, bull I say.

/rant