OK, that one hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBSHoo

One of those quiet-but-smart guys...
Registered
Reaction score
A couple months ago, agent, who had partial, requested full. Ten days later, agent emailed and said that she was headed out of town, was going to get back to me the following week, but could I not sign with anyone until we could talk...

HOLY EFFING MOLY! Right?

I'm burping up sunshine and puppies all weekend.

And then ... a delay. Weeks pass. Silence. More weeks pass.

And then today, a pass, a very nice pass, but a pass nonetheless. including why agent didn't connect with book. Plus a referral to another agent.

So the referral was nice. But still. That one hurt.

But for one glorious weekend, I think I knew what it felt like to have an agent. It was awesome.

Made for a long fall back to earth though.

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
Weeks of silence hurt, don't they?

I had an agent request a full, and then tell me he had no room for new clients... After asking me who I would see publishing it. Talk about getting jerked around.

Anyway, sorry you had to go through that. On the other hand, at least inspiring that level of interest is a good sign, isn't it?

Bushdoctor

Registered
Reaction score
oh man i feel for you. My first book was hosted on a free ebook website. i got an email from the blue from an indonesian publisher who said he loved the book and wanted to translate it and publish it in his own country. i was over the moon thinking, hell my first book will be published in a language i cant understand, let alone read. we exchanged emails back and forth for 3months, then he just stopped answering my emails. that was harsh

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Ugh. I'm sorry. That's hard. Hopefully something will soon come along and make you forget all of that.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Don't give up. Keep pushing.

skippingstone

Bouncing Atop the Water
Registered
Reaction score
That totally stinks. I posted a similar experience on a different thread. The hot and then cold response of three different agents. I was starting to think all agents were bipolar or something. One agent had her assistant CALL ME to say how much she was enjoying my ms and could I just hold on a little longer for a response because she was still reading it. My hopes -- they were at 30,000 ft and climbing after that. Then she shot me out of the sky like I was skeet or something.

All I can think is that this is the nature of business where attention spans are short and there is always something new coming up over the horizon. Try to treat this hurt like you would any other: digest and forgive -- then hang on like a monkey. With your toes if you have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.