Agent Query and Lit Match (now Author Advance)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering whether anyone else has had problems, as I have, getting on to AgentQuery the past two days. I find it strange that their site went kaplooey (for me, at least) on the same day that AuthorAdvance (formerly LitMatch) re-started up. Is there any connection between these two sites?

Also, does anyone have any experience with LitMatch/AuthorAdvance? Are they any good? (I had just started using AgentQuery and haven't exhausted their search engine, so haven't tried the other yet.)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm having trouble with AQ too. If I go through my Favorites link (which is a specific agent page--glad I didn't change that), I can get in, and if I search for a specific agent, I can look up their guidelines, but if I use the genre searches (or go to the home page), it gives me an error message.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I used Litmatch to track my submissions and found it dandy. I had a peek since they changed to AuthorAdvance and didn't feel much inspired to look further. Maybe later. It seems to be a lot about networking with other writers, which I don't need as I have AW.

LitMatch is better for UK writers than either Agentquery and querytracker, since it also lists UK agents which those two don't. Querytracker claims to do so and it has a few but it leaves off several of the biggest UK agents so it's not good.

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, thanks all! I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble. Also good to know that Agent Query is a separate entity from Author Advance (and AQ's glitch happening at the same time as AA's startup is a coincidence). I might have to go try querytracker and learn AA's system (though, as aruna pointed out, I have AW, so I don't need a networking forum).

RBSHoo

One of those quiet-but-smart guys...
Registered
Reaction score
I think the new AuthorAdvance is a total disaster.

I thought the old LitMatch interface was easier to use than Querytracker, but Querytracker had better agent content and, it also has a good blog attached.

But now, I can barely make heads or tails of my submissions on litmatch/AA. Once I can update my submissions on QT, I am ditching AA.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
OK, I tried it out today and updated my entries. Once I got over my reservations (I hate change!) I found I liked it. Updating is easy and it looks clear and clean.
I'm glad, because for UK writers LitMatch is as far as I know the only online service of this kind. I will continue to use it.

RBSHoo

One of those quiet-but-smart guys...
Registered
Reaction score
justpat,

thanks. I have finished moving my info over to Querytracker. Starting to get comfortable with it. Of course, I don't want to get TOO comfortable. I want to find an effing agent! And never need it again!

2Wheels

Anachronista
Registered
Reaction score
I hadn't realised LitMatch had changed until I read this, as it's been a while since I last logged in. So, now it seems that the hours I spent checking agents/agencies/websites and rating them for potential seem to have been wasted, as it doesn't look as though they carried my rankings forward into the new site. Grrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.