Need to let off steam.

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Apologies, i don't know if this belongs here but i just needed to vent, even if it is a small one.

Hubby is in hospital, or will be in about half an hour and - i don't know - i need something to bang my head against. He's not ill per se, he's OD'd, which he hasn't done in almost two years; not a suicide attempt, 'just' self harm (hubby has Borderline Personality Disorder). He's seeing his psych next week anyway but ... i don't know. I just wasn't particularly expecting this. Especially as it's our wedding anniversary next week.

Our two-year-old is being an absolute sweetheart though and will probably delight in taking over Daddy's side of the bed tonight (can't see hubby being home until tomorrow at the earliest, that's for sure).

WIP isn't even much of a distraction at the moment (being about suicide an' all...), just feel at a total loss. Sorry, i know this isn't the cheeriest of subjects but thanks for letting me vent.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: I am sorry you are going through this, Rarri. Do you have any support, anyone offline to talk to? I don't know what services are available in Scotland. If you were in the States I could point you to some groups that offer support to loved ones.

Keep talking, keep venting, do what you need to do for you.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: So sorry, hope everything works out for you all

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're entitled to your head banging. Hang in there. In my thoughts.

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for your support :Hug2:I truly appreciate it.

Hubby is doing 'ok' as far as i know, will probably hear more later. I don't quite know how to feel; it's strange, i think i've almost been too used to things being 'normal'.

:Hug2: I am sorry you are going through this, Rarri. Do you have any support, anyone offline to talk to? I don't know what services are available in Scotland. If you were in the States I could point you to some groups that offer support to loved ones.

Keep talking, keep venting, do what you need to do for you.

Support is mainly friends and family - they're wonderful, no doubt - but unfortunately there's little by way of professional support for families. Thank you though, for thinking of it. One way and another, there's little surrounding mental health support that our family doesn't know about and the resounding result is that there's a lot out there for patients but very little for families (especially when young children are involved).

Another small vent, sorry. It does helps though.

Thank you all, again :Hug2:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs for you. I wish things had stayed normal, but you're not alone.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I've said so often, it's a damned shame we don't all live in Writerville, where Mac is the mayor and the mods are the city council. I'd be taking your little one the rest of today, and we'd play in the park, read out loud, make and eat a healthy dinner, have some cuddle time, have a bath, and off to bed, so you could focus your energies on one thing at a time.

A cyber hug pales in comparison, but that's about all I can do. Unless you can ship your little one here?

Maryn, who misses little ones

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Have spoken to the hospital and hubby is doing ok, probably wont be seeing him until late tomorrow though. Was able to speak to him briefly, haven't heard him sound so sad in such a long time.

As I've said so often, it's a damned shame we don't all live in Writerville, where Mac is the mayor and the mods are the city council. I'd be taking your little one the rest of today, and we'd play in the park, read out loud, make and eat a healthy dinner, have some cuddle time, have a bath, and off to bed, so you could focus your energies on one thing at a time.

A cyber hug pales in comparison, but that's about all I can do. Unless you can ship your little one here?

Maryn, who misses little ones

Oh Maryn, that's made my evening, thank you :Hug2:
Writerville sounds pretty darn good too. You'd be welcome to babysit, but thankfully our beautiful boy has gone to bed and - so far - i've not heard a peep from him (though there's always tomorrow...). I think the best thing i can do now is make the most of having a king size duvet to myself, absolutely shattered from all this.

Thank you all :Hug2:

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Hugs and prayers and well wishes to you and hubby. We're all always here for both of you.

sending good thoughts your way