Registered
Reaction score
My heart resides in Penny Lane.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Both speak to me in different ways. I like Keith Richards for being so heroically bad.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Stones. Though I don't think I'd say they represent me. 'Course, that could be cuz it's one in the morning and I'm falling asleep at my desk. :tongue I like them, and I just really dislike the Beatles. ;)

Last edited:

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... teh Beatles.
Some of their songs are a bit too lovey-dovey and mellow, but many are just plain awesome!

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... used to be totally Stones, too, but after a time their hormones on the march lyrics wore thin for me. But not the revolt of their earlier stuff! That's just me, though. So don't pay me much mind ;-)

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Mockney distorto-fretwanks with asteroid-sized coke habit versus Scouse boyband whose sub-Dylan maunderings covered up their essential triteness. Make mine a neither.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a link to one of those blog-questionnaire thingies that asks you a bunch of irrelevant and unrelated questions, then makes a determination of whether you're a Beatles or a Rolling Stones.

I'm a Beatles, unless "Her Majesty's Satanic Secret Service" or whatever it is is playing, or maybe the legendary and iconic "Sympathy for the Devil."

Okay, and maybe sometimes "Satisfaction." The line "...watching my TV, and a man comes on to tell me how white my shirts should be, but he can't be a man because he doesn't smoke the same cigarettes as me" was so thick and blatant with sarcasm and hypocrisy that I even got it at age 8.

And the Beatles never sold out.

The Stones licensed "Start Me Up" to Microsoft for 20 million dollars for use in the Windows 95 TV commercials. Ironically, the song has the lyrics (not used by Microsoft) "You make a grown man cry."

No, I take back the "unless." I sometimes LIKE the Stones. I always AM a Beatles.

I should make a blog post out of this. This could be the most profound thing I've ever written.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe some people are not understanding the question. So I shall ellicudate.

The Beatles were the boys you would take home to Mom. If you had a really cool Mom.

The Stones were the boys you would take home to Mom if you really wanted to piss her off. Even if you had a really cool Mom.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fell in love with The Beatles when I saw them on Ed Sullivan - The music was so different and magical to me...

...Not a fan now, but oh how I adored them way back then! :snoopy:

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand how someone could not like The Beatles, and I don't understand how someone could stop liking them once they start. That is just nonsense talk.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand how someone could not like The Beatles, and I don't understand how someone could stop liking them once they start. That is just nonsense talk.

LOL,

I don't dislike them or their music now - It's just that Hey Jude wouldn't be one of my top 5 songs to take with me to a desert island. ;)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... teh Beatles.
Some of their songs are a bit too lovey-dovey and mellow, but many are just plain awesome!

Beatles for me, too. But I like the lovey-dovey songs. "If I fell in love with you would you promise to be true", etc....."If I gave my heart to you, I must be sure from the very start that you would love me more than her...."

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Funny. The generation I'm from scorned the over commercialization of music and the big stadium concert culture it spawned, yet many musicians of my era worshipped the Beatles.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe some people are not understanding the question. So I shall ellicudate.

The Beatles were the boys you would take home to Mom. If you had a really cool Mom.

The Stones were the boys you would take home to Mom if you really wanted to piss her off. Even if you had a really cool Mom.

Okay, Celia, now I'm getting what you meant.

Back in the sixties, my mom would not have appreciated me bringing home a guy from either band. She referred to the Beatles as, "Long-haired weirdos."

She would have thought the Stones were even weirder.

I would have had to bring home someone like Davy Jones of the Monkees.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
LOL,

I don't dislike them or their music now - It's just that Hey Jude wouldn't be one of my top 5 songs to take with me to a desert island. ;)

Me neither.

Mine would be:

I'm Happy Just to Dance With You
In My Life
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Taxman
Ticket to Ride

:D