Ever get those dreams where...

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
The sensation is so strong, in the dream you're worrying that your dream is making you move to what you are doing. Like last night, I was dreaming I was walking through a hospital, mall or university and it felt like each step I was making in the dream I was enacting it outside of the dream. That is, not only was I aware that I was dreaming in my dream but I was also worried of the movements I was dreaming.

That is to say, I was worried about sleepwalking while still dreaming. Ever get those dreams?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I've been able to "lucid dream" since I was a preteen, so I most often know when I'm dreaming and am able to control what happens.

The only dream that still scares me is the one where I decide I really have to pee, so I drop trou...

sorry - too much info

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Usually when I have to pee in my sleep I'll have a dream where no matter how hard I try, I can't go to the bathroom. I usually wake up with my back teeth floating.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Lol! I'm thinking Xelebes is not going to be happy that I made this thread about pissing the bed -- which I haven't done since I was a toddler, thankyouverymuch.

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
When I was a kid and sharing my bedroom with my sister, I had a dream that I was taking a whole bunch of photos of things. Can't remember what, just that I'd turned into a little photographer.

I woke up with my hands held up to my face as though I were holding a camera, complete with one bent finger ready to hit the shutter button. There, perfectly framed inside my little invisible camera, was my sister, sitting up in her bed and giving me the strangest look. :D

Pyrohawk

Aspiring author
Registered
Reaction score
Columbus OH...grew up on a farm in Greenfield OH.
I've been able to "lucid dream" since I was a preteen, so I most often know when I'm dreaming and am able to control what happens.

I also dream lucidly and have for a long time. Though its not every dream it is pretty often. Its a lot of fun! It makes me want to not wake up. But not in the emo way....:roll:

I've never met anyone else who dreams lucidly. Well met fellow dream master.

Although I also experience sleep parallysis occasionally....that is not so much fun. In fact its terrifying.

Last edited:

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I can also lucid dream, but it seems I can only control what *I* do in the dreams, not what *others* do. And I thought the voices in my head were only uncooperative when they were characters in my books...bastards. No wonder I never get THOSE dreams. Yeah. Those. I'm an erotica writer, dammit, I'm ENTITLED to one of THOSE dreams once in a while.

I'm also very prone to half-waking during a dream. Freaking out, talking about nonsense, trying to bat away something that isn't there, etc. My husband thinks this is hilarious (he does it too). To this day, he won't let me forget the time I woke up certain there were dozens of large spiders bungee jumping off the ceiling right above me.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I was having a dream about Archie and Edith from all in the family when my alarm clock went off. Edith said "It's okay, you don't have to go to work today" I said "Cool" and went back to sleep.

I was fired.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
The only lucid dreams I usually have are ones that stave off sleep paralysis, if that makes any sense to y'all who do both. It takes me realizing that I'm dreaming to come out of it. Usually nightmares get cut short, too.

I do, on occasion, realize in my sexy dreams that I'm glad I'm not doing it in real life. Glad as in, oh cool! Just a dream, so anything goes :)

When I have to pee, my dreams are spent wandering train stations or coliseums or huge parties, trying to find a working bathroom [and I never can]. I hate those!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Every once in awhile I'll have a lucid dream, though they're relatively rare, and oddly, usually nightmares. Generally it will get to a point where I'm aware that I'm dreaming and can do whatever I have to do to get away. Or sometimes I just become aware of how insane whatever is going on is that it loses the scary factor.

I wish I could choose what to dream. Every once in awhile I can go back into a dream I started having, sometimes to finish them which is fun.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I had a dream the other night that I was just hanging out at an intersection that's about 2 miles from the house where I grew up. It's a place I used to ride my bike to when I was kid to get ice cream (sort of out in the middle of nowhere).

In this dream, I was standing outside of my car talking to some women who was wearing a thong bikini.

Just as she was getting in the car to go home with me, I woke up, and I cursed the dream gods. Then I just laid there for a minute and tried to recreate the ending of the dream but it just wasn't the same.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad someone posted a thread about dreams today because last night I had a spooky dream where I was in a room with unrecognizable people (as is always the scenario in my dreams) and suddenly the smell of bleach overwhelmed my senses and burned my nostrils and I could SMELL it, people. I woke up and the odor was still lingering in my senses this morning. Weird, weird, weird.

I had a second dream that I applied for a job at Home Depot and they accepted me on the spot and put me to work right away. I woke up telling my husband I thought it was unfair that I had to go to work right after handing in the application.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I get scared when I dream of water - I jump awake, and check for pee. Twice in my life I've dreamed of running water (as an adult) and woke up, peeing magnificently. In my bed.

Now you know way too much about me.

I did this once when I was like 17, and now I'm terrified anytime I have a really great dream about peeing.

How sad is it that I would describe a dream about peeing as "really great".

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Although I also experience sleep parallysis occasionally....that is not so much fun. In fact its terrifying.

I have something similar to sleep paralysis but I don't need to sleep and wake up to experience it. Catatonia is fun stuff. At first it was terrifying, how I'd be locked into it for hours on end but now I can ride it out without stressing too much and t gets me out faster.

Romantic Heretic

uncoerced
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.romantic-heretic.com
Now thinking of a bit of dialog from an old favorite movie.

Chris Knight: Is it that dream where you're standing on a pyramid dressed in sun god robes while a thousand screaming women throw little pickles at you?

Mitch Taylor: No.

Chris Knight: Why am I the only one who has that dream?

ReallyRong

Registered
Reaction score
The sensation is so strong, in the dream you're worrying that your dream is making you move to what you are doing. Like last night, I was dreaming I was walking through a hospital, mall or university and it felt like each step I was making in the dream I was enacting it outside of the dream. That is, not only was I aware that I was dreaming in my dream but I was also worried of the movements I was dreaming.

That is to say, I was worried about sleepwalking while still dreaming. Ever get those dreams?

When I get dreams like that I invariably find I HAVE been sleepwalking, and I wake up, look around me and think how the **** did I get into this hospital.