weird question, but, anyone here ever have trouble with electrolyte imbalances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
This might sound weird, but since I've been pregnant I keep having labs come back with my potassium levels out of whack. I've had "hyperemesis gravidarum" (aka really, really bad morning sickness) and walking pneumonia which eventually turned into pneumonia and sent me to the hospital...blah...but I've been on antinausea pills and when I couldn't eat normally I stayed on stuff like Ensure (yuck) and gatorade.

I try to eat a banana a day, take vitamins and a calcium supplement (doctor doesn't have me on a potassium pill anymore).

But the last two days in a row I've had problems with weakness, numbness/tingling in my arms/legs, muscle spasms, and muscle cramps (particularly in my legs) along with dizziness and severe headaches.

The muscle cramps are really bugging the heck out of me because once I get them they tend to stick around coming off and on for a couple of hours at a time--despite stretching.

I'm supposed to go in first thing to the doctor tomorrow (I talked to the OB, but they were closed this afternoon) for more lab work.

SO....I know it is a terribly weird question....but has anyone else ever had trouble with this? I keep trying to eat or drink whatever I can to avoid a problem. I don't get it.

Just a random question.

I'm hoping to figure this out tomorrow. Man, this pregnancy has been beating the heck out of me for the last several months. I can't wait for April!!!!! (Or march, I'd be good with mid-to-late march, too...so hoping the date is wrong on this one!)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's a hard list to go off of, but...

Ask your doc to consider your glucose levels (tingling and other stuff is out of whack, just a possibility there), and what electrolytes have you had run? Has your potassium been high or low?

And, as a possibility, have you heard of fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.