• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Reader of Modern/Fantasy/Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobel318

Beta Readers!
Registered
Reaction score
First of all, I need help with a summary. I'm apparently awful at writing query letters, and I've tried to write SEVERAL only to find myself rambling on for 7 or so pages about the plot and the characters.
This is a modern times (story set in 2003) story that centers around a fictional concept similar to the "Daemon" concept in Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials". I'm tired of comparing it to that and getting "it sounds like it's all ready been done".
I need someone, or a team of people, who would be willing to read this and give me feedback. It's a little over 80,000 words, and hasn't been edited at all (not even grammar/spelling). I've given this to several people who have said they loved the story and the characters and the realism in the relationships, but none of them have (yet) to offer me any advice in general that I think can be constructive to the story.
I am willing to email the file as a .pdf or a .doc read only file, thank you!

Sobel318

Beta Readers!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks.
I've been told that I really need help on creating detail in my settings and my characters. So I need someone who's willing to help with that, and help me write a description/summary. I'm grammar editing now, so is there anyone who's willing to help me do this anytime soon?

Sobel318

Beta Readers!
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently I fall into Urban Fantasy/Paranormal, does that entice anyone?

frapoblue

need mocha latter
Registered
Reaction score
yes, there is a market for urban fantasy and paranormal. So don't lose hope. Well, i kinda like urban fantasy. And i think my schedules free to read a book. So if you want to work things out, I'll be happy to do a beta read. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.