Yay Swine Flu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I just spent the last several days combating a case of the swine and contemplating how hilarious it would be for a Jew to die of Swine Flu.

Other than the near constant pain and threats of explosive diarrhea and/or projectile vomiting, it wasn't as bad as all that.

Deleted member 42

Please do take care of yourself; it can be more wearing than you'd think.

Drink lots of water too, with possibly some sugar and salt in it, or clear fruit juice.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the girlfriend took care of me for the last few days. She made sure I stayed hydrated and all that jazz. If I were by myself, I'd be horribly dehydrated because getting up to get water was just way too much of an effort.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
^Gently bumping thread^

I took my younger son to the doctor's this morning. He's been sick for the past few days and got even sicker this morning. He's the one in our family who hardly ever gets sick, and if he does, he's still going like the Energizer bunny.

He has the H1N1 virus. I had a feeling he did. And he's been drinking--literally--a gallon of liquids a day. I've never seen that before, not even with the seasonal flu. I'm tired, though, of going up and down the stairs for him.

(Oh, and semilargeintestine--hope you're doing better!)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fine. I was okay by last Friday. I usually get better pretty quickly, so I was only down for two days tops. I didn't drink anything for an entire day almost, and I didn't eat for about three. It definitely sucked.

Keep us updated Stormie. And thanks Freelancer.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Website
This sounds funny, semi---but aren't you glad to get it over with?! It's like, okay, I had it, won't have to worry about getting it again. It's the way I feel with my son.

As for the rest of us here, we all got seaonal flu shots (my younger son didn't) and the dr. said that the seasonal flu shot provides some antibodies to the H1N1. We just have what seems like mild colds.

Rest a lot though. You don't want to get a relapse.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I would rather have not gotten it, but now that I have had it, I'm glad it's over. It was pretty horrendous.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Funny thing, I got an annual flu shot 3 weeks ago, and yesterday the surgery called me to make an appointment for a swine flu shot, saying I was in the high risk group. I'm not sure how or why I fall into that category, but if it helps avoid pain, diarrhoea and vomiting, I'm up for it. Three cheers for the NHS!

-Derek

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting patiently for my clinic to call, since I'm actually in a high risk group. From what I can tell, they're just starting to dole it out and it might be a couple of weeks yet.

(Somebody at a NaNo write-in mentioned she works at a clinic and keeps getting calls about "heinie" vaccines. No, not jabs they do in the glutes, but vaccines for that "heinie" flu that's going around. Yeah. People, those are 1's, not i's.)

Back on topic, it's good to hear you're up and about again, Semi.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Semi--are you in very good health otherwise? Because it seems there's some truth to the story that the swine flu hits the healthy ones hardest. In my family, my younger son is the healthiest. Hardly ever sick and never an elevated temp. 'Til now. And my husband has it now but in a (seemingly) milder form and he has diabetes and asthma.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a competitive swimmer, a black belt in brazilian jiu jitsu and judo, and a runner. I'm pretty healthy. I hardly ever get sick, and when I do, I'm better in no time. I recovered from the swine flu in less than four days, but it was hell while I had it.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're okay again. But still, Hurray for Swine Flu, because you tell a person selling something, or wanting you to sign their petition, that you have swine flu, and they leave.

Maryn, who was sick but not with that (and is a liar!)

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
I scared the crap out of my rabbi yesterday when I shook his hand and then told him I had swine flu. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.