PDA

View Full Version : I can't see the Daily Show

kaitie
11-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Am I the only one? Is it a problem with the site, or did they change the rules so I can't watch anymore? I get a weird XC1 message from both that and the Colbert Report.

I used to always be able to watch and had Japanese advertisements and everything. It has comments and things as though the videos are working, though.

Please tell me this isn't just me. These shows are my sanity and how I keep up with what's going on in America. :/

clockwork
11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
It's a recent change. You have to be in the US (and perhaps Canada) in order to watch online now. The site reads your IP address and takes action accordingly. Check your reps.

kaitie
11-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Woohoo! It's working again! I'm not sure what the issue is. It was strange because earlier all of my typical Japanese advertisements were gone as well, and it wasn't the typical video errors I've seen on the site. I also have a friend in England who can't get it anymore, so I was worried.

So I'm not sure what the problem was, but it's at least for now working again. Thanks for the response, though. I'll keep it in mind. I've been waiting for them to switch it for awhile now, but I'm still hoping they don't.