Being drunk, and thinking you're funny, often is a recipe for terrorism.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
In the past few weeks, I've had some ridiculous stuff go on. Some of you may know about my dog being diagnosed with cancer. My wife's best friend caught the bridezilla which has made things.... Interesting. EE TEE CEE, EE TEE CEE.

And here is where my story begins... A few weekends ago, there was a wedding party for a friend of my wife's family...

Two different people, outside of our immediate family attended. These were people who my wife had known for years and years.

Person 1: Man who served as our DJ at my own wedding. At our wedding, he got massively stoned and drank an entire bottle of crown royal by himself. He messed up our "down the aisle" song and farked up song after song after that before eventually passing out.

Person 2: Girl who was getting married. She was in her (at the time) "in between time" with her boyfriend (this is the guy she married this weekend, a dude named mole-rat [dont ask]) and hit on everyone in sight at my ceremony. Eventually she hooked up with person 1, smoking pot and drinking. She was kind enough to give a "toast" while we were waiting for the bride's father to come out of the bathroom to give the proper "toast". Embarassment wasn't the word for what came out of her mouth on my loudspeakers.

The end result of our trip to her festival, (and I could include pictures) was the bartenders at her wedding party were about 19 and had never drank in their life.

I asked for a jack daniel's neat and she didn't know what I meant. I responded that it simply meant, whiskey, no ice, in a glass. Once she'd filled in half a glass, I told her to stop.

The rest of everything got hazy.... Ok bullshit. I plain out don't remember. Now, I could justify this, right? I mean, they had screwed up my wedding. Something I'd spent thousands on, and they'd made everyone uncomfortable at. They deserved to be made to feel uncomfortable too!

I took it into my feeble, addled, (forgotten) mind to enact the same punishment. The stories from the way I acted will probably be repeated for years....

Well.. Shit guys, I guess it worked. My wife drove me home. I remember almost nothing of that day. (Ok, really nothing, other than a bizarre argument about pizza)

Also, even worse... When I woke up, I did the old fashioned hair of the dog treatment. For those of you that don't know what hair of the dog is, its an alcoholic's way of saying, started drinking when I woke up.

Now many of you know I have a shit eating personality and a caustic sense of humor. Despite the fact that I never 'really' mean any harm I cause it anyways.

I'm taking this opportunity to apologize to any of you that I've realized I've offended lately.

I'm a jackass, and I'm sorry.

I know some of you guys fell victim to my douchiness during this time ( about 2 weeks ago ) and I'm sorry. I know this isn't the kind of forum where assholes act like assholes, and I'm sorry.

I hope you guys can accept a kinder, more decent lucidz.

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
awww.... but I like your asshole qualities...

did you get banned? and I didn't know?

Most forums discourage discussing terms of bannination.

Lets just say I took some time to think about my writing skills :)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Aw! I don't 'drink' often at all, but when I do I get that family trait of blacking out if I haven't strictly watched my intake. I usually just get too loud and giggly and walk embarrassingly, though ;)

Yes, blaming y[our] behavior on drinking is very High School in the end. Glad you got your sh!t together :)

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Hang in there. :) Few people take the time for self-assessment, and your worry indicates that you are very keen to propriety.

Marriage is an uncertain and emotional time as it is.

Good luck to you, and future ventures.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Well you haven't offended me and I wouldn't know you if I fell over you ...
But I'm sooooo curious about what you said at that wedding.
However, thinking that you probably don't want to rehash, now that you're turning the other cheek, and all, I'll just say that it's reassuring when people can admit an error, on an anonymous writers forum and elsewhere.
So here's to you (raises a glass of non-alcoholic beverage)

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...I'm taking this opportunity to apologize to any of you that I've realized I've offended lately.

I'm a jackass, and I'm sorry...

Not sure if it'll make you feel any better, but many of us here have made more than a few regrettable posts. I've had my fair share, too. Sometimes we upset people without even realizing what we're doing. At other times we might be feeling crappy and our sour mood leaks into the tone of our posts. And on some occasions, well we might act jackasses because it makes us feel good for the moment.

Whatever the reason, I doubt there's anyone here who hasn't shared at least one post that they wish they could take back. So in a sense, you're in very good company.

In any case, don't sweat it too much. And remember, some of the members you may have turned off recently might eventually become your friends. I know this is possible, as it's happened to me on several occasions.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Not sure if it'll make you feel any better, but many of us here have made more than a few regrettable posts. I've had my fair share, too. Sometimes we upset people without even realizing what we're doing. At other times we might be feeling crappy and our sour mood leaks into the tone of our posts. And on some occasions, well we might act jackasses because it makes us feel good for the moment.

If you keep reading my mind, I shall sue!

Dude, I don't even need to be drunk

And this week is definitely 'Foot in Mouth Week'

One day I'll learn to think before I speak. Probably not today though.