PDA

View Full Version : Don't lose hope...

Leukman
11-11-2009, 12:52 AM
CHECK OUT THIS (http://www.convilleandwalsh.com/index.php/news-views/news/beautiful-malice/) NEWBIE DEAL!

:Jaw:

GOOD GRIEF.

Dream a little dream...

...and don't lose hope. ;)

Phaeal
11-11-2009, 03:24 AM
Yeah, that would be nice. I need more stamps. Hope is the thing with stamps.

cscarlet
11-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Wow.

(And that's all I have to say about that).

Pepper
11-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Huh. I just watched this story on a current affairs show half an hour ago.

It said that after 8 regections in Australia, and 62 (or there about) in America, she finally landed herself the deal of a lifetime.

TrixieLox
11-11-2009, 02:37 PM

It said that after 8 regections in Australia, and 62 (or there about) in America, she finally landed herself the deal of a lifetime.

Now THAT gives me hope.

She's lovely, she's commented on my blog and seems like a genuine, sweet person. That'll all change when she becomes a billionaire, mwah mwah mwah.

TrixieLox
11-11-2009, 02:52 PM

BTW, these were agent rejections, not publisher rejections. So lots of hope for the non-agented amongst you. I don't think these were agented sub rejections though, so not so hopeful for the agented among us. From what I gather, it was snaffled up pretty quickly once it went out on sub, I might be wrong through.

kellion92
11-11-2009, 05:49 PM
It's very exciting. But I don't think it gives me hope -- hers is the "big book" we keep hearing about! I can't help thinking that her advance would pay for 10 or 20 decent advances for smaller books. Mine is a small book.

Nateskate
11-12-2009, 01:56 AM
It's great to hear of another making it through the mill. I hope she does well.

That's alot for a two book deal.

Jamesaritchie
11-14-2009, 08:59 PM
It's very exciting. But I don't think it gives me hope -- hers is the "big book" we keep hearing about! I can't help thinking that her advance would pay for 10 or 20 decent advances for smaller books. Mine is a small book.

Well, look at it this way. If her book sells as well as the publisher hopes, it will pay for ten to twenty or two hundred advances for smaller books.

Publishers are able to pay advances for small or average novels only because a few writers make them millions in profits, and a portion of these profits are used to find new writers and give them advances.