• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader for a short story (only 2,000 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoon_elf

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted a story to about ten places since late September. So far I've received three rejections, and I had (and still have) so much faith in this story that I'd like a second opinion. I *know* we delude ourselves into thinking our creations are our "darlings," but I honest to goodness swear by this piece.

The rejections I've received have been the standard form "does not suit our current needs" deals so, maybe I've just been submitting to the wrong places and it's not actually my writing/story that needs an overhaul. I consider the genre to be "literary."

Many thanks if you're interested (I can take on a couple of betas), and I'd like a quick turnaround time if you can. If you need a little info. on my background as well just say the word.

Last edited:

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
First of all, you can't assume something's wrong after three rejections. Oh, if only it were that easy.

Second, I write short fiction, so I'd be happy to take a look, if you haven't already found somebody.

dragoon_elf

Registered
Reaction score
Big thanks to Rebecca_Rogers. One piece of advice she gave was something I had always thought about in the back of my mind...

If anyone else wants to beta-read my story please feel free. I can welcome another set of eyes :)

Leukman

Pernicious...n'stuff.
Registered
Reaction score
Why don't you post your story in a Share Your Work forum? You'd likely get several readers and some good feedback...especially if you took the time to read the work of others as well...

dragoon_elf

Registered
Reaction score
hello.

yes, I've actually frequented the SYW forum before and have commented on other writers (through PMs) before. for this piece however i wanted just a couple of readers and for the piece to be in less public form, though.

lisake

Sometimes I feel like a Dwarf
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be happy to take a look. Will send you my email via PM.

Phlex

Registered
Reaction score
If you're still looking for readers, I'd more than happy to take a look.

PM me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.