If an agent with my full switches agencies....

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh! I don't know what to do. An agent who has my full has just announced that he's moving to a new agency. (He didn't contact me; an AW member noticed the announcement on his PM page and posted the news in the agency's B&BC thread.)

So here's my dilemma:

1) Do I contact this agent and ask whether he's bringing my full along with him to his new agency? (Is this standard for agents to do?)

2) Do I do nothing, since it's still within the time-frame for him to not have yet read my ms (he's only had the full for 2 1/2 weeks)?

3) Or do I cut my losses and start all over at this agency by querying another agent (as well as continuing my query process at other agencies)?

I appreciate any feedback/experience anyone has and can share!

dinner_girl

Registered
Reaction score
Whenever this has happened in my experience the agent took his/her submissions with her...

And yeah, now you can potentially query someone else at that agency (assuming the first agent is already gone.)

Dawnny Baby

Getting back up again
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Orion and dinner girl, for your reassurances! I've calmed down a bit today and, after having a good night's sleep, have decided to just wait and see what happens with him. I just have a feeling that it would be wrong to e-mail him. I think it would bug him. He's been very polite, and our exchanges have been extremely cordial, but something tells me to just wait and see. (Not that I'm psychic. I wish!)

Thanks again! :)