• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I think my reader bailed; I need of another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen...A

Registered
Reaction score
Howdy! I found a reader in Sept and I thought things were going well. Guess I was wrong. For whatever reason, they haven't gotten back to my emails. So, if you are interested, LMK. I would love to return the favor. YA Fantasy 73K+

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
I can't help right now because I'm working with two authors, but don't give up hope on your reader. Things happen -- accidents, illness, computer blowup.

I'm basically in the same boat because, all of a sudden, one of my betas has fallen silent. He had finished commenting on my novel but we were still working on his. We became good friends while we exchanged chapters. Often we mailed each other with silly things like jokes, or how our day was going, but suddenly - silence. The last I heard he was about to move furniture and heavy stuff into a new apartment. I hope he didn't hurt himself or damage his computer, but until I hear I'm worried.

I guess I've been lucky because most of the betas I've worked with have turned into long-distance friends. I hope you hear from yours soon.

Sindaena

Registered
Reaction score
I am currently writing a YA fantasy novel myself. While I am no where near ready for beta readers, I would be happy to beta read for you in the mean time.

AlishaS

Is swimming with creativity frogs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.averyolive.blogspot.com
Hey I had this very same thing happen to me, now every beta reader I find and like I am totally paranoid they are going to leave me lol.

So really no help to you at all except to say good luck!!!

Jen...A

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks a lot. I hope you hear back from your reader. Thanks and good luck!

Andrea Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
In a magical land where nothing goes quite the way
I'd be willing to beta read for you, if you could beta read for me. I'm not too bad when it comes to editing, as I've had some experience editing my best friend's YA fantasy manuscript. I'm not the best by a long shot, but I can catch a fair amount of mistakes. My manuscript, if you're interested is a YA epic Fantasy. Don't worry, I did my best to stay away from cliches. : )
I'm not quite sure what 73K+ means. Could someone tell me please? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.