GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
How many times does this need to happen to me before I realize that I need to always, ALWAYS copy/paste what I write to my clipboard before I choose to take any kind of action with a post?

I just wrote a 2000 word post on my blog, thinking that it autosaves every couple of minutes anyway. And at the end, I hit "Save Draft" and it took me to the damn login screen. When I hit the back button the page automatically refreshed and nothing was there.

Blech, now I don't even want to write anymore. Is there anything worse than going back and rewriting a big chunk of what you've already written?

GAAAAAAAH! <---this is me, frustrated as all hell right now.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
What happens if you log in at the screen?

I only ask that because here at good ole AW, if I take too long to write a post and I'm not set to stay logged in, it prompts me to log in. Once I do that, voila! it posts whatever I was intending to do before I became too distracted to finish.

So, I'm wondering if you might have the same issue and hitting the back button just screwed you over instead of helping things.

ad_lucem

Peligro:Herbicidal Poriomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
How many times does this need to happen to me before I realize that I need to always, ALWAYS copy/paste what I write to my clipboard before I choose to take any kind of action with a post?

I just wrote a 2000 word post on my blog, thinking that it autosaves every couple of minutes anyway. And at the end, I hit "Save Draft" and it took me to the damn login screen. When I hit the back button the page automatically refreshed and nothing was there.

Blech, now I don't even want to write anymore. Is there anything worse than going back and rewriting a big chunk of what you've already written?

GAAAAAAAH! <---this is me, frustrated as all hell right now.

Ouch! That's painful! I did that on a post for class a while back and wanted to bang my head against a brick wall until passing out.

We all try to remember to type things up in word then copy/paste...I know...but there will always be those times when it happens. Grrrr, awful.

((HUGS))

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry about that. I've lost things that I've written. Saved stories only to reopen them and see half of what I saved is gone.

Yeah computers, making our lives better
making-fun-054.gif

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
the anger sharks are still swimming around in my head

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
There is only one H in GAH.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Sorry. I had to. It's who I am. (-;

I am sorry that you lost your words. It's happened to me. I feel your pain.

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
I had anger sharks last week
I kept on delaying the automatic updates for my computer until I was done writing a story and then left for lunch with the story on the screen and came back and .... story gone, computer rebooted. I figured, no prob, auto save will retrieve it. Nooooo.
I searched and found auto save only saved every 10 minutes and I guess the updates kicked in before the save took place ... so I updated the save to occur every 2 minutes now.
But that was it for me for the rest of the day - I couldn't touch that story until the following day.

Reaction score
Doesn't your blog host have a list of posts somewhere and possibly one of them is saved under 'drafts'? I know blogger does this.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't your blog host have a list of posts somewhere and possibly one of them is saved under 'drafts'? I know blogger does this.

Yeah, and any other time at least part of the post would've been saved. But for some ungodly reason, it didn't do that today.