The night was hot

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That scene is funny, but the one I remember the most from that movie is the "I have a coin collection" scene.

raegan_1

Funny, motivated, eccentric.
Registered
Reaction score
There are quite a few movies out there about writers, but Billy Crystal is one of my favorite 'movie authors.' I love the "I have a headache in my eye" line.

Bluegate

Clearly has too much time on hand.
Registered
Reaction score
What is this? Some kind of stalker question?
I am so bummed that I can't find this clip but my all time favorite movie author has to be James Caan in Misery. Specifically the end where he is battling Annie Wilks for the final time on the floor. It is also my all time favorite movie line ever uttered.
He is stuffing the manuscript that she made him write into her mouth and he says "Eat it till you choke you sick twisted fuck!"
Bwaahhaaahha Love it!!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score

Awww! Somebody find the result of the 'humid' plotline with Momma in the scene. Dear Lord, the funniest thing ever. Just ever.

[My data plan is nearly busted this month, so damm you for video posts that make me want to watch more ;)]

The linked scene is the quintessential writer scene :D :D Love it so much!!

I'd forgotten how awesome that movie is. Thanks :D

ToddWBush

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Jack's line at his publisher's office to the secretary was one of the meanest, but funniest putdowns I've ever heard.

She asks, "How do you write women so well?"

"I think of a man, and then take away reason and accountability."

With apologies to my female friends...

imagoodgurl4

Attack!
Registered
Reaction score
I am so bummed that I can't find this clip but my all time favorite movie author has to be James Caan in Misery. Specifically the end where he is battling Annie Wilks for the final time on the floor. It is also my all time favorite movie line ever uttered.
He is stuffing the manuscript that she made him write into her mouth and he says "Eat it till you choke you sick twisted fuck!"
Bwaahhaaahha Love it!!

I LOVE this movie. I saw it years ago and when I found it on Amazon for like $5 I bought it on DVD. Totally recommend this film. But that part with the sledgehammer makes me cringe every time. But you gotta love James Caan and Kathy Bates. Also probably one of the few books-made-to-movies I've ever liked. :)

imagoodgurl4

Attack!
Registered
Reaction score
For those that haven't seen the film, I found a clip with the 10 best funny/scary scenes in the whole movie. The last 3-4 minutes reference the scene I referred to and the one Bluegate referred to.

WARNING: if you haven't seen the movie and want to see only these two clips (couldn't find individual ones) then start at 5:00 into the clip so you can watch the scenes. Otherwise, you might spoil the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIIQF4odG0U

Another great writer film is Finding Neverland. I absolutely love this film.

MumblingSage

Inarticulate Herb
Registered
Reaction score
I remember when my sister and I first saw this scene. We fell out of our respective seats laughing. The rest of our non-writer family gave us some odd looks.