Reclusive Tendencies

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If it wasn't for work, I would probably never leave my house. This morning I have worked on my NaNo, shopped for household goods, ordered groceries, chatted with a friend and paid my bills without leaving the comfort of my office. I have always been slightly reclusive, but have noticed myself becoming more so with age. This should probably worry me, yet it doesn't. I like it. I like it very much.

Okay, I'm finished now. Thank you for playing.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am fairly reclusive too. I have to go out to shop though. Not many delivery companies want to drive down a 1,000+ ft drive through swamp to get to my house. ;)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Yes I am reclusive. Why do you ask?

12gaugepump.jpg

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
The squirrels here are a little reclusive as well.

SquirrelGun.jpg

Last edited:

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
I am reclusive. I only go out to go for walks and don't really ever talk with friends. That is, of course, talking with people here and other messageboards does not count as talking to friends.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I'm basically the same way. I don't mind going to the store or something, but I meet most of my social needs in front of the computer.

Curse you, interwebs.

I have noticed that I'm a lot more reclusive this year as opposed to previous years. Maybe it's stress? I've had a lot more of that this year.

Today, I'm pretty much happy to be a hermit. In a few days, I'll feel the need to be real social, then back to being a hermit.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm seeing a trend here.

I should add, I'm always up for dinner and movie, but that's about it. I have to be harassed into going to parties these days and shopping in real stores just annoys me.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I prefer to think of myself as a Homebody. I prefer being home--it's not as if I lack for things to keep me busy. I'm actually grateful for still having my part-time retail job. It gets me out and around real people a few days a week. :D

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I am not home reclusive, although I could be. Other than work and home, my social scene is pretty much grabbing a table at the coffee shop (where I am now) and plugging in, listening to music, writing. . .I would be home reclusive but I get severely cabin-feverish if I don't get out of there. The cats already look at me funny. Imagine if I there all the time. They'd throw my ass out. (I've seen them whispering as it is. . .)

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
This is yet another reason to embark on my self-sufficiency exercise.

If I can grow my own fruit & veges, raise my own animals, bake my own bread, brew my own vodka and pay for everything else online I should be halfway there. :D

Unfortunately I'm not brave enough to teach my own kids, (and quite frankly, I like them out of the house anyway) so I'd still have to leave for that.

Is there any other reasons I should need to leave home?
I hope not. I don't interface well with others.

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
I could become a recluse but I don't always enjoy the company, sooo.... ;)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I didn't have to go to the grocery store to buy my food, but it's the only way.

I just got back and really didn't want to leave my house. It's cold out there today and very gray-looking.

But in nice weather I like going out and about. My husband is a homebody and can spend hours not talking, but I'm a people person. However, I'm not crazy about large crowds.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
YOu can get groceries delivered here... You just place the order online. I've yet to do it.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly need an outside job to keep sane, but I consider myself a homebody. My housemate is a serious recluse. If her family didn't drag her out for dinner with them, she probably wouldn't leave the house for months at a time. I threaten that I'm not going to throw her any more goat legs just to see if she's still alive and will come out from under her bridge on occasion.

It's a good thing we're friends.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
My job forces me to be social enough.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm reclusive and anti-social. I've been taking my dog out and known my neighbors are out front I'll go out back or vice versa. Of course one of my neighbors is an a**hole

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I can't be reclusive. It would drive my (VERY SOCIAL) husband crazy. He brings me out of my cave and I actually make friends and stuff.

Last edited:

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score
People often say that I'm a hermit. I do go out quite a lot actually, but not really by choice. If I could hide in my bed all day, I would.

Reaction score
I just resent last minute invitations. I can go out, I just don't like doing so at the last minute. It's an insult to the value of my time, which I prefer to spend writing and talking to tt42 than conversing with 'normals'.