Submitting to magazines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby

Registered
Reaction score
I have two poems and one short story that I'm submitting to Ladybug Magazine (a division of Cricket Magazine for kids). The age group for this is 2-6 so the submissions are rather short. Now, how exactly should I go about this:

A)Submit both of the poems together (separate pages) but in the same envelope

B)Submit each one separately but send them out around the same time

C)Submit only one, wait until I hear back (around 10-12 wks) then submit the other

D)Send out poem(s) and story (separately of course) around the same time.

E)Wait until I hear back from poem then submit story

Sorry about all the questions! Any helpful tips on this I would really appreciate. I know I’m probably thinking too much into this, but I’m afraid of making a stupid mistake that would ruin my chances. Has anyone here ever submitted to any of the Cricket Magazines? If so, what was your experience with them?

kaywinslow

You can submit up to five poems in one envelope, but they frown on sending more than one envelope in at a time. Babybug and Ladybug have the same editor, Alice Letvin, so definitely don't sub to both of them at once. If one of your envelopes could be directed toward another bug, though, then it's probably OK. The Carrus editors share amongst themselves, too, so if it's noticed it'll get to the right magazine.

Or so I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.