SHOW MEH YOUR BATTLE STATION!!!

Ervin

Registered
Reaction score
Here's mine:

My computer case is also black, so is my ipod.

Wordwrestler

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I think I've commandeered the whole house and made it my battle station. There are few places in this house I haven't taken my laptop and fired away.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I lack teh digital camera, but mine is just a standard old desktop setup with my notebook in front of me. Oh, and there's loads of crap on the computer desk that doesn't belong to me, apart from my 1.25L Solo and my crappy box of cheap chocolates...

Let's see... there's a roll of sticky tape, travel magazines, a flashlight (large), another flashlight (medium), printer, scanner, phone, random papers with other people's notes scribbled down... loads of blank CDs.

Next to the desk is a very full large bookcase. Actually, the study room is pretty full, seeing as we moved recently and this is one of the places where random crap ended up.

Flat screen monitor. Yummo. :D

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I like the flair

desk.jpg

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
bettielee:
I'm jealous. But that is a pretty awesome picture, and maybe when I have a computer that isn't half-broken, I'll decorate an office space like that for inspiration. :)

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
A pic from a few months ago, but it hasn't changed much. Different manuscript, a few more things on the wall (dogtags, graduation tassels, some comics), and a couple of cookies. Also, ironicaly, the framed advance check for the manuscript that is shown sitting on the desk. Otherwise...it's the same:

desk1-1.jpg

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First picture: this is my writing table, which I've had since I was at least 4, in our living room. It was in my bedroom but when we had the flood a couple years ago, my partner/lover/husband/boyfriend/roommate/significant other/whatever insisted we put it by the front window. I'd mentioned how much I like looking out a window as I'm working, and I really couldn't put it in front of the window in my bedroom. The laptop case has my Alphasmart Neo in it, I have my NaNoWriMo "CAN'T TALK - NOVELING" coffee mug on my table, and Max is attempting to take over as much space as possible. And winning. As usual.

000dt43p

Second picture: this is my "main" computer desk, where I keep my Mac mini and the printer. I do my heavy duty formatting on the mini after uploading the files from the Neo. (The blue keyboard by the printer is attached to my Mac G3, which I still have on hand for some cheap 'n' easy photo editing features that aren't covered by Snow Leopard.) That's my progress log for NaNo 2008 on the hutch door, currently hidden under the 2009 version. Max sometimes perches on the stack in the upper left corner of the picture.

000dwa1f

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Man my apartment isn't fit to be seen by other eyes at the moment. Though I do almost all of my writing at work, actually. And most of my editing on trains or at work. And I get most of my ideas in the shower. Uh...you can't have a picture of that. :tongue

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
ben...my anal betty-homemaker mind is exploding. I'll be over in half an hour to ORGANIZE. sorry...i can't help it.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
I've been temporarily displaced from mine. My desktop computer currently barfed up its insides and we are performing surgery. However, a few organ transplants are taking time to locate...

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
If I were ambitious I would clean my desk and take an updated photo.
mycornersi0.jpg

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Here's my two-computer test station, it also became a netbook setup station the other day:
big_monitors.JPG

Notice that huge keybpard compared to that little computer. Yes, I've taken them both to nano write-ins. A "Space Saver" Model M is ordered and on the way.

I have more 21" CRT monitors, I'm looking at a third one now. They're still a lot cheaper than equivalent sized flat-panel monitors bought new.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I has two in my apartment, not five feet from each other...

Battlestation One
Battlestation1.jpg

This is complete with computers, magazine, cup with pens and a knife inside.... and apparently some kitchen gadgets. I need to move those... But I had to move those from Battlestation Two to make room for:

Battlestation Two
battlestation2.jpg

I've been baking lately. I experimented with a second set of scones, different recipe and icing type. We shall see how they turn out. I have a small kitchen... And these were taken in the middle of me cleaning up after scone making.

"A good library will never be too neat or too dusty, because somebody will always be in it, taking books off the shelves and staying up late reading them."
— Lemony Snicket (Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid)

The same thing goes for battlestations. I'm up late at them and utilize to the max. ;)

Last edited:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
You know what. I think I need to visit everybody.

Signed,
Mr. Obsessively Organized

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I will be joining KTC in the cleaning and the organizing of the everything.

OMFG how can you people think with all that clutter around??

Clutter around me clutters my brain. I have a laptop on a rubbermaid container/coffee table and blank walls. And no piles of anything nearby.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I have a laptop on a glass-topped table. The laptop is on a desk blotter. I do not touch the table...because the finger prints would be too distracting. I Windex the table every day. There is nothing else on the table.

cptwentworth

Did you hear that?!?
Registered
Reaction score
I have a laptop on a glass-topped table. The laptop is on a desk blotter. I do not touch the table...because the finger prints would be too distracting. I Windex the table every day. There is nothing else on the table.

Oh. my. You would not like it here. We dance among the clutter. Please, do not visit. I like my clutter. And the dog's paw prints on the windows along with Cheetos smears from little fingers would be pointless to clean, because every 9 seconds they reappear.

Funny, how clutter distracts some brains, and others just tune it out.

Actually, I don't know if I even own a bottle of Windex. Nobody here cares. I do clean toilets, though.

Last edited:

AnonymousWriter

Registered
Reaction score

Sounds almost identical to mine. Glass tables and fingerprints= absolute nightmare.

Thank god for glass cleaner.