PDA

View Full Version : Two Years and Counting - Review Please

Glamour177
11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Hello all,

I joined Blogger earlier this year and have finally got my blog (http://thetwenty-eighthyear.blogspot.com)rolling. I am hoping that someone can take a look and let me know if I am on the right path to keep readers coming back for more?

My focus is going to be on three goals that I want to accomplish before I turn 30 in 2012: lose weight, be debt free, and possibly get a book published, or at least finish another book!

Other things are thrown in there too, including all of my girlie tendencies.

There are only 11 entries so far, so not too much to read yet. I would love to review other blogs as well. You know, the whole scratch my back I'll scratch yours!

Just... be gentle with me, the new blogger!

http://thetwenty-eighthyear.blogspot.com

veinglory
11-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Overall your blog has a nice look and is easy to read. I would suggest a custom banner and tags for the three goals and off topic posts.

stormie
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I like your writing style. I now veinglory said it was easy to read, so I think it's just me: I found the font hard to read.

Glamour177
11-04-2009, 01:14 AM
I like your writing style. I now veinglory said it was easy to read, so I think it's just me: I found the font hard to read.

Thanks for the compliment! It is nice to hear positive feedback on the writing itself. I will definitely look into making the font more readable.

These suggestions are great and truly appreciated! Will definitely start adding labels and tags for easier navigation in the future.

charlotte49ers
11-04-2009, 03:12 AM
I really like your background! And yes, I think the type could be bigger or maybe a different font would help. Your posts are fun! BTW, I totally mention Anastasia in my WIP, though I had to do a three word explanation of who she was for those who had no clue. :)

You daughter is too cute!

shethinkstoomuch
11-04-2009, 04:26 AM
I like the background as well; however, I find white text on black backgrounds difficult to read over long periods of time.
Also, a custom banner would be beneficial. The hot pink on black is harsher on the eyes than white on black.
Use tags and categories, too. These make it easier for people to search through your blog.

Keep it up! Good luck with your book and your blog. :)

Glamour177
11-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I have taken your suggestions and made all the easy changes (i.e. made the font bigger and added tags).

The personalized banner will have to be delayed so that I can make a really great one.

Also, I have found that I enjoy reading other blogs as much as I enjoy writing my own. If anyone has any good suggestions, I would love to take a look and possibly link to my own blog. I made a post today about a blog that found it's way to me and now I read it everyday.

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to read my blog and giving me all your wonderful suggestions! keep them coming!