PDA

View Full Version : Whenever I like something

Satori1977
11-03-2009, 08:23 PM
They stop making it!! What is up with that? I go to McDonald's this morning to treat myself to a bagel breakfast sandwich and an iced caramel coffee. They don't make the bagel sandwich anymore! I rarely go there anymore, trying to eat better, but c'mon. Those were the best. I had to get an egg muffin thing, which isn't bad, but it isn't as good. And it is so small. Not worth $3. Guess I will only go back there for the coffee. Grrrrr, I was really looking forward to breakfast this morning and treating myself, now I am just annoyed.

Mara
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
I know the feeling. Something like 2/3rds of all my favorite fast food items have been discontinued.

Also happens whenever I like TV shows. They're usually replaced by something I hate.

Button
11-03-2009, 09:18 PM
I miss Ecto Cooler. And the Smurf cereal.

Shadow_Ferret
11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
They stop making it!! What is up with that? I go to McDonald's this morning to treat myself to a bagel breakfast sandwich and an iced caramel coffee. They don't make the bagel sandwich anymore! I rarely go there anymore, trying to eat better, but c'mon. Those were the best. I had to get an egg muffin thing, which isn't bad, but it isn't as good. And it is so small. Not worth $3. Guess I will only go back there for the coffee. Grrrrr, I was really looking forward to breakfast this morning and treating myself, now I am just annoyed.

Which bagel sandwich? I just had the bacon, egg, and cheese bagel the other day and noticed they also had the steak bagel on the menu.

The one missing was the spam, egg, sausage, and spam bagel.

Stew21
11-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I had the bagel sandwich the other day too. Weird...

eta: Ferret, next time I order one I'm going to ask for the spam egg spam and cheese bagel spammich. :D

tjwriter
11-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Sometimes individual franchises get to keep certain items that were successful in a particular area. Our local DQ has a regional menu for this very purpose.

*Ponders whether the McD's has bagels around here and then doesn't care to find out.*

Stew21
11-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Which is why I like the DQ in my home town but hate the one I used to stop at in the city.

the one at home has friend mushrooms. The one in the city doesn't.

cray
11-03-2009, 10:59 PM

yep. this just plain sucks.
a year ago, i camped out under megan fox's movie trailer for a few weeks and then as soon as they noticed me she left.
gah.

L.J.
11-03-2009, 11:03 PM

I can completely relate to this. I found some deli peanut butter cookies from Walmart I really liked, so asked my husband to pick me up some again. They had every flavor but the peanut butter.

Often I'll go to a restaurant with a particular taste for something, and they'll just happen to be out of it.

CaroGirl
11-03-2009, 11:04 PM
That's fast food for ya. You gotta be FAST or it's gone.

tjwriter
11-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Applebee's changed their crispy orange chicken bowl. The rice tasted like Rice-A-Roni instead of freshly steamed goodness. I almost cried because I loved that dish.

Judg
11-04-2009, 05:48 AM
I am the kiss of death for products. As soon as I decide "This is my favourite and I will always get it from now on" it disappears. Apparently I am the only person who ever wants what I want.

DWSTXS
11-04-2009, 05:48 AM
same here.
The Albertsons grocery store across the street from me has a $1 aisle, and there is a jar of instant coffee that I like, but they rarely ever stock it. Next time I see it I'm buying 10 jars.

Yeah, I know. . .instant coffee? but seriously folks, don't start in on me about the instant coffee thing. I get it from everyone already. It's not like I'm a freak of nature.

to each his own.

backslashbaby
11-04-2009, 06:10 AM
This happens to me enough that I need to figure out a way to fake The Fates out. Mmmmm... oh I really hate this! Why'd I buy it?

The best was living in Hungary not too long after Soviet Communism fell. You'd buy out all of your favorite product and ask when they were getting in more. No lie, they'd say it sold too much and was a bother to restock. So they'd stop selling it!

amlptj
11-04-2009, 10:04 AM
i loved the pannormous pizzas by pizza hut and was going to get them for a party i was having when i went turns out they stopped making them...

cptwentworth
11-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Our Sam's Club carried locally these really great whoopie pies I picked up every time I went, and suddenly dropped them. They're still made locally, but too far for me to go an hour and a half north to get them.

Or what I hate, moving from California to the Midwest, all the products and brands you've grown to trust and love, are no longer available in your neck of the woods.

~*Kate*~
11-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Sometimes individual franchises get to keep certain items that were successful in a particular area. Our local DQ has a regional menu for this very purpose.

Sonic does this too.

I have a thing for Mrs. Renfoe's green salsa, and our usual grocery store stopped carrying it. Also, Bluebell's mocha almond fudge ice cream. It was a seasonal flavor and last time they brought it out, I yelled in the aisle, "I KNEW it would come back!" But the word is that it's really gone now. I seriously almost cried.

Matera the Mad
11-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I cook eat at home. But I can't even get some of the basic ingredients that used to be available.

bearilou
11-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I am the kiss of death for products. As soon as I decide "This is my favourite and I will always get it from now on" it disappears. Apparently I am the only person who ever wants what I want.

I am, too. Every product that I have found that works better/looks better/tastes better than any other product on the market? Gets discontinued.

Bath soap, spot removers, restaurant food, shoes, soft drinks...if I like it, it's guaranteed to go away.

James81
11-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Oh. My. God.

I really hope that the bagel thing is only something that applies to your area. I love McDonald's bagels. :(

And it's been 10 years since Arby's stopped making their roast beef subs and I STILL haven't forgiven them for it. They were the best subs ever and the new line of subs they came out with in the past year or so are not the same by a long shot. I frikin HATE this ciabatta bread phase that has popped up in recent years.

kaitie
11-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Lol, this is how Japan is with so much stuff. Everything here is seasonal and it seems like you have it once and then you go back for it and it's gone. The McDonald's one for me was a chicken salsa burger that they had last year. Had it once and it was pretty darn good, and then went back and it had already been replaced. They also had these fantastic banana ice cream sundaes at the convenience store last year for the summer. I went back all this year waiting for them to come out, but they always just have chocolate ice cream sundaes (and I don't like chocolate ice cream).

The weirdest seasonal thing at the moment? Red bean flavored Pepsi. Seriously. If anyone's brave enough to try it I'll send them a bottle. Pretty sure those don't explode in transit lol.

JoeEkaitis
11-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Rest in peace, Chili's Awesome Blossom.

Damn you, Center for Science in the Public Interest. Damn you all to hell.

brainstorm77
11-06-2009, 12:44 AM
I loved the Big Xtra at Mc D's. But one day it was gone......

brainstorm77
11-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Pizza flavoured potatoe chips.
Max Factor cosmetics-no longer sold in Canada :(
Mc Rib from Mc D's
The Snowflake donut from Tim Horton's which was soooooooooo good.

Just a few things that have gone.