For A New Screenwriter Trying To Break In

Jago

Greetings,

I am a new screenwriter trying to break into the industry. I have written a original sitcom and although I have no real intention of marketing it, I did complete a couple of episodes to coat my resume.

As far as film, I am currently writing a drama/action film that I really have hopes of trying to get produced. Throughout the process I am having people read the script and so far I have gotten really good reviews, but of course-- that means nothing if they are not in the industry (or so I heard). But, once I am done with the screenplay, and try finding an agent, is there anything I can really do to try to get my foot in the door. I am not necessarily trying to make a career out of screenwriting, but if the opportunity presents itself, I would love to get involved.

Is there tips I should know? Any people that I can contact? Or any cars I can wash to get one step closer to my dream?

Thank you in advance,

-Jago

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Jago,

You mentioned writing a TV sitcom - If you are interested in breaking in to the TV writing industry, wander over to Larry's site 'www.tvwriter.com' and read his FAQ several times. He covers most of the stuff there.

As for the rest, I'll let the agents answer that.

Mac

Jago

Andrew Zack said:
I don't rep screenwriters, so I can't help here. Sorry.

So would that be it? Or are their other people who may be able to help?