Who has read the most AW books?

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score
On a previous thread I noticed many people here have been reading each other's works, expecially unpublished manuscripts. I'm just wondering how many of you have read at least one manuscript of another writer here?

Also, I'm wondering how many ms each of you have read total, just to get an idea how frequently this is being done???

I've read several AWers published works, but no unpublished ms.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I've beta'd a couple of unpublished ones, and read some published stuff.

I'm proud to be part of a group like this. :)

Reaction score
Shedloads. Mostly tt42's of course. She writes at a rate of knots. But lemme see...at the moment I have works by eight different AWers on my hard drive.

Twenty-four different projects by tt42 alone, fourteen of which are complete manuscripts.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Only one full manuscript, but it was an awesome one :) I have no doubt it'll be in stores for everyone to read.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Let me think...um...probably something like 20 to 25 or so? I've read a lot of portions for people if they were having particular trouble with it. I've bought probably another 25 or so, both e-pubbed and traditionally published.

Those were the good old days though. It's hard for me to find the time away from my desk to beta much anymore. I have a particular beta group developed here on AW I will always find time to read for, however.

NicoleMD

Onomatopotamus
Registered
Reaction score
I've bought about 8 AW novels that I can think of. It's really cool reading stuff by people I sort of know.

ETA: I read online short stories fairly often too. Not much unpublished stuff anymore, though.

Nicole

Reaction score
I'm not here to lern to rite moar betterer at all. I just schmooze up to people for free books. :D

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Published novels by Melissa Marr, Timewaster (two), Bethany and Shady Lane. I also own a copy (signed!) of IdiotsRUs's novel but I haven't read it yet.

Betas of novels by Shara (two), Broadswordbabe (two, one of which currently in progress), Wonderlander, Shady Lane (two), Nakhlasmoke, Fenika and significant portions of two by Waylander.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've got Evernight and Stargazer by Claudia Gray.

That is all. :( If I had more money (or, say, a job) I'd buy a lot more AW novels.

I haven't read any unpublished works because, well, I haven't asked and I haven't been offered, and also I don't really want to put my own work on the internet... (presumably) healthy paranoia, I suppose, not that I actually think people would try to steal my work...

But as I go, if I find books by AWers I'll try and buy them, regardless of genre.

motormind

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I tried to read a few published works from writers on here, but I have yet to finish them. I guess I just picked some that weren't really my taste.

Mara

Clever User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I'm broke at the moment, but I'm slowly making a list of AW-related books I want to read when I have some cash. :)

Gary Clarke

Knackered
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celinekiernan.com
I've read two published works from AW ( Patricia Wood's The Lottery and Robert W's Before I Wake.) I really enjoyed both of them.

Edited to say: I also read Adrienne Kress's Alex and The Ironic Gentleman ( how could I have forgot?)

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I've read quite a few. Orion/willietheshakes/toothpaste/popmuze/maestro/neurofizz/etc, etc, etc. And I've read a few unpublished ones too.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
I've read partials for one AWer and a full for another AWer (unpublished). Both were great reads!!! :D

Published AWer: John Levitt , aka Rugrat - "Dog Days" (also a great read). Hope to get ChaosTitan's "Three Days to Dead" when it comes out. Chapter 1 hooked me...

[Can you tell I love urban fantasy?] :)

Last edited:

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Quite a few published books by AWer's and I have beta'd for two that I can remember.

Raphee

In debt to AW
Registered
Reaction score
Don't have access to AW writers since I live in Pakistan, and only bestsellers or books from big presses reach the stores here.

Amazon is out of bounds because of the high postage they charge on International mail.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I read Will Lavender's book about a year ago. Good stuff, although I think I remember not liking the ending. But it was very well written and I still enjoyed it.

I have maestro's book in my queu now, and it's the next one on my list to read.

Those are the published writer's books I've read here thus far.

As for unpublished...I beta read for a girl here about a year ago. It was written very well and easy to read and I had a lot of fun critiquing it.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Shedloads. Mostly tt42's of course. She writes at a rate of knots. But lemme see...at the moment I have works by eight different AWers on my hard drive.

Twenty-four different projects by tt42 alone, fourteen of which are complete manuscripts.

I've read all three of SP's completed books and bits and pieces of others. And I love them all. Seriously.

I've bought about a dozen books by AW'ers, but made the mistake of putting them in the wrong pile on Moving Day, and they ended up in a box that went to storage instead of Japan. :( But, they're waiting for me when I return. :D Off the top of my head, I have Ray's book, one or two of Uncle Jim's...can't recall the rest off hand. *makes note to find that box on next visit to States*

And now that we've got some financial crap sorted out, I fully intend to order a few more AW books off Amazon. Just haven't decided which. :D

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Collinsfort Village by Joe Ekaitis
Offspring by Liam Jackson
Vibrating Moonlight by Jason Tudor
The Lottery by Patricia Wood
The Gentle Axe by Roger Morris
Before I Wake by Robert J. Wiersma
Obedience by Will Lavender
Your Critically Ill Child: Life and Death Choices Parents Must Face by Dr. Christopher M. Johnson
How to Talk to Your Child's Doctor by Dr. Christopher M. Johnson
Of Marriageable Age by Sharon Maas
Alex and The Ironic Gentlemen by Adrienne Kress
Timothy and the Dragon's Gate by Adrienne Kress
The Unbreakable Child by Kim Michele Richardson
Sixty-Six by William Haskins
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
The Interrogator By JJ Cooper
Between Brothers by Lauren Gallagher

I've also read a handful of as-yet-unpublished manuscripts and I've got a AWer's screenplay awaiting me!

(Anyway, I think that's everybody so far, but I'll amend if I remember any others. I want more!)

Last edited: