I did it!

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
So, as this isn't a writing accomplishment, I figured this would be the best place to post it.

Yesterday, I ran and finished the NYC ING Marathon in just under four hours. This is my first marathon, and I was reluctant to post anything prior to the race, because I didn't want to jinx it. I set this goal when I first started running track in high school, and completing the 26 miles alive seemed like the ultimate accomplishment. By the end of college, I was physically able to do it, but then, every year, something came up that kept me from it. This year I was finally able to do it, and it was awesome! Now, I can't wait to run it again!

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
So, as this isn't a writing accomplishment, I figured this would be the best place to post it.

Yesterday, I ran and finished the NYC ING Marathon in just under four hours. This is my first marathon, and I was reluctant to post anything prior to the race, because I didn't want to jinx it. I set this goal when I first started running track in high school, and completing the 26 miles alive seemed like the ultimate accomplishment. By the end of college, I was physically able to do it, but then, every year, something came up that kept me from it. This year I was finally able to do it, and it was awesome! Now, I can't wait to run it again!

Wow, good for you! I'm impressed!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

But I have to ask, why? lol

I guess it is like climbing mountains. I'm with AB on this...one block would kill me...sigh.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
CONGRATS!!! :hooray::hooray::hooray::hooray:
[Come on, admit it... you were imagining Eric Northman at the finish line, weren't you?]

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com

This is totally awesome. Congrats!! (you know, there is a goals and accomplishments... but your responses here will be more off-color and fun! :) )

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
What an achievement! :partyguy:

You undertaken a danged hard event and conquered it! And you didn't "just" finish, you did it under four hours! You seriously rock. Congratulations.

semilargeintestine

BassGirl 5000
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I want to run a marathon next year. Now I have someone to look up to. :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome congrats,:partyguy::partyguy:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's very super and calls for :Cake:! You burned enough calories, so you can afford to eat it. :D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
That's awesome! Congrats.

Way back in the day I did a 30K marathon. There's nothing like crossing the finish line after going that far. Take a bow!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be exhausted after driving that far...

Seriously, good for you! The level of fitness is impressive, and the dedication it takes to get there more so.

Maryn, never a runner