It's time to lay down your odds v. Met a girl

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, so I went out Saturday night to a local bar. Towards the end of the night, I started talking to this girl and it seemed like she really liked me. And, well, I got her phone number.

Anyway, she was pretty drunk at this time so she could hardly even type her name into my phone.

So, knowing those facts, here's your chance to place your bets. I'm calling her tonight. The odds? Are on the fact that she even remembers who I am.

Get in now while the odds are fierce. :D

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Drunk at a bar is never good....

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps! I have not been to a bar in almost two years. Am I missing out?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps! I have not been to a bar in almost two years. Am I missing out?

Eh, it's a fun thing to do once in a while. Not something I'd want to do on a regular basis, but fun nonetheless.

Plus, it's kinda funny to watch the drunk people. Especially if you're drunk yourself. :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I met my wife in a bar.

The only advice I'd give to the OP is to Run, James, run as fast as you can away from that place and never return!

Just kidding. I've been married to my bar-mate for seventy-three years now, and we're still going strong. :)

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So drunk she couldn't type her name in your phone... um... probably won't remember you or the other ten men she gave her number too. Sorry.

However, you should still call, and win her over again. :)

HelloKiddo

bemused observer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a gambling woman, but I'd lay down a fiver that says the number is bogus.

Reaction score
Dude, I thought you were married?

Anyway, I got together with my hubby while both drunk in a bar. Had met once before though. :)

Nine years & counting...
Don't sober up!

You won't recognise each other.

scarletpeaches, expert marriage guidance counsellor.

You're welcome.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, holy shit.

Not only was it a real number, but she remembered me, and we has a date this Thu. :D

HelloKiddo

bemused observer
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a gambling woman, but I'd lay down a fiver that says the number is bogus.*

*$5 payment will be offered in the form of one rep point

That's pretty cool James. She must be a better drunk than I am. I can barely write out my name if intoxicated enough, let alone accurately remember my number.

I've had a few instance where I tried to write out little notes while I was drunk, but it was hard because I couldn't remember the past tense of my name. When I sobered up and saw them...yeah...

Reaction score
Seriously, though, James - good for you.

It just goes to show there's an alcoholic with no taste out there for everyone. :D

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

It goes to show you the power of beer. I'm not the smoothest guy in the world, but I have my moments. Beer helps.

Reaction score
Another attempt at being nice:

I like the fact you met someone you liked and just called her, no angsting about it. I wish dating was done that way over here, but there are too many mind games. People just aren't straightforward enough in my opinion.

So, I hope it all goes well, and romance blossoms.

Tip: hold her hair back when she pukes and hand her a glass of water afterwards to rinse out the chunks. She'll love you forever.

Reaction score
I think the water as a chunks-be-gone mouthwash was a nice touch, too. :D

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
I like the fact you met someone you liked and just called her, no angsting about it.

There was a time when it would've made me physically sick to make the call. But meh, it wasn't that big a deal. I still get a slight flash of nervousness right before I call, but that goes away pretty quickly.

And yeah, I told ya you gotta come to the States. :D