Halloween pictures

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Hey hey guys! Anyone have pictures of their costumes that they want to share?

I've got a couple to start things off with, requiring I can figure out how to make this thing work. :tongue

4067618159_14509a8942.jpg

Wee, looks like it worked. Anyway, This is my Azula costume. Certainly she does that pose at SOME point lol. Anyway, pardon the shoes. I ordered some awesome matching ones, but they didn't get in on time, so I had to make due with my normal inside shoes.

4068371850_cb2c95aebb.jpg

This is one of my favorite students. I'm not wearing the whole thing anymore obviously. I was just about to change when he came back out wearing his hakama. He had wanted a picture of us together, so I went ahead and took this. He's one of my favorites.

4067622287_7c520c836a.jpg

My neighbor's baby wearing the Anpanman costume I made for her. She was incredibly adorable. :tongue. Though for some reason being shy for the camera. Usually she's a complete ham.

4067622323_25ed1be96e.jpg

And a better one of her costume and cuteness. :tongue

Anyway, this Halloween was a complete blast. Oh, just for kicks here was last years:

4067632383_d9e9b45d61.jpg

I had actually forgotten to get a picture and thrown it back on, but forgot about the hood at the time, so when I was actually wearing this I had on a hood that covered my hair and neck as well. One of these days I'll stop being lazy and get a better picture of it. The only part of this one I made was the mask (painted it).

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I can't post pics since they are my sister's and her kids but my sister was The Paperbag Princess which was HILARIOUS! My older nice was a jellyfish which was a totally awesome costume and my younger niece was a cowgirl which was also cool. :) Me? I drank coffee and wrote my ass off Halloween night.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't have a costume, but I made one, on pretty short notice, for The Kid. Unfortunately, the pictures don't do it justice, and many of the details of the Black Widow don't show. The extra legs in motion were way cool, though.

img2526d.jpg

Maryn, costumer

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Those legs are awesome! How did you make them?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've done extra legs many times now. I'm getting better and better at it. (Next up, computer-assisted elbows?)

First I buy 3 pairs of gloves. (When the kids were little, I made hands, but that took forever.) I also buy stuffing, elastic cord, and a black knit fabric with very little give.

I make tapered tubes that come close to matching the person's real arms in terms of size from shoulder to wrist, except that the top of each tube is shaped like the top of a sleeve, with a hump. I make hard-stuffed conical knobs for elbows, and stitch them on tightly to discourage the fake arms from bending in the wrong direction. I stuff the hand portion of the glove and the entire arm. At the elbow knob, I take a couple of hand stitches with buttonhole twist (real strong thread) to create the joint, leaving about a half inch of depth at the joint. I cram the arms into the gloves and stitch them together after I adjust the stuffing to be smooth. The top of the arms is still open. I turn under the edge and hand-stitch it to the garment, lined up below its real sleeves. Then I use the elastic cord, tying it firmly around the wrist of each fake arm and making a loop for the wearer's real wrist, which is also gloved. For this costume, we added a cocktail ring on a fake hand (stitched on for security) and a wedding band. And lots of cleavage.

I haven't talked to The Kid since Halloween, so I don't know how well the costume was received.

Maryn, pleased you liked it

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent costumes. :)

I went as the headless witch.
Oh-wait. Or was that supposed to be horseman?
gogodress.jpg