PDA

View Full Version : I went hiking!

kaitie
11-02-2009, 03:36 PM
And then proceeded to sprain my ankle 5k from the end when it got dark and rainy all of the sudden. Talk about not fun. So now I'm sitting at the computer with my poor purple and swollen foot propped on an ice pack beside me.

I've got a big wushu exhibition thing in three weeks. :/ I'm reaaaaally hoping it's better by then.

brainstorm77
11-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Sounds like fun.

MoonWriter
11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the sprained ankle, katie. Sounds painful. I'll be sure to tell my wife your accident the next time she suggests I take a hike.

kaitie
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Haha. :tongue. The hike itself was really fun up until the very end. We did 36k total, and we all had blisters and what not, but it was a fun experience. We climbed two small mountains and circled a gorgeous lake. The problem was just that the weather turned bad much faster than the reports had said and it got slick. Luckily I was wearing my super awesome ankle brace at the time. It could have been much worse.

StoryG27
11-02-2009, 06:04 PM
That's a LONG hike! Glad you were done with most of it before you injured yourself. My mom went on a hike and tripped over a tree root and broke her hand in three places. Hikes are dangerous. :D

I have six screws and two plates in my left ankle and I can roll it on accident and my ankle bone will touch the ground and I can just keep on going. It takes a lot for me to sprain that ankle and luckily, that's the one I usually trip over. I am such a klutz too, so I guess it is lucky I've done just about all the damage I can do to that poor ankle.

Hope your recovery is speedy and you can get back to hiking those mountains soon!