DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
This is a thread for folks to share how they are spending their Halloween (or Samhain) or whatever you celebrate.

I'm going to give out candy, scare the kiddies, and bake some small almond and vanilla cakes (old custom passed down from my grams). I am going to wear something undeadish and listen to holiday music while watching the sci-fi channel...

How about you?

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Boo!

I plan to turn off the outside lights and pretend I'm not at home (if I am at home). :) It got to where I had so few trick-or-treaters that it wasn't worth buying a bunch of candy (that I would end up eating); so now I don't even buy any candy, and therefore don't want any trick-or-treaters. My cat agrees with me . . .

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I wish we Australians did this...

I've got some "candy" just in case. Some years a kid (without costume) hits on the idea of scoring free lollies on 31st October. And then when I'm surprised to see them, and have nothing for them, I just feel awkward, and they feel awkward, and it's just unpleasant all around.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Boo!
you scared me, mr. Bad Cat;)

I plan to turn off the outside lights and pretend I'm not at home (if I am at home). :) It got to where I had so few trick-or-treaters that it wasn't worth buying a bunch of candy (that I would end up eating); so now I don't even buy any candy, and therefore don't want any trick-or-treaters. My cat agrees with me . . .
...about the candy or the trick r treaters?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I also would like to go do DL's house, but I have a feeling that address isn't accurate...

I shall be watching scarey movies and eating ice cream until midnight, when I shall begin my descent into NaNo madness.
I am excited.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I wish we Australians did this...

I've got some "candy" just in case. Some years a kid (without costume) hits on the idea of scoring free lollies on 31st October. And then when I'm surprised to see them, and have nothing for them, I just feel awkward, and they feel awkward, and it's just unpleasant all around.

You aren't suppose to feel awkward...you are suppose to scare them and give them candy;) I always put my decorations out in advance so they know I am treating...

Year before last a girl got so scared of my costume she ran back down the steps...without her candy...her mom made her comeback and get the candy. It gave me a good giggle;)

Last edited:

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I also would like to go do DL's house, but I have a feeling that address isn't accurate...

I shall be watching scarey movies and eating ice cream until midnight, when I shall begin my descent into NaNo madness.
I am excited.

I'd love to have you over, Bet:)

Good luck with NaNo!

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
It depends on the rain, darnit. But I'll be dressed up and out somewhere, I'd think... with my little Jester doggie in tow, hopefully :D

Happy Halloween!!

Pyrohawk

Aspiring author
Registered
Reaction score
Columbus OH...grew up on a farm in Greenfield OH.
Unfortunately I will be working from 5pm to 1am at the gas station/carryout I work at and will get to do nothing. Tis a shame because halloween is a major holliday on Ohio State campus and I will miss all the parties.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Well, first I'll be doing my Samhain ritual :hooray:
Following that - I'm off to the parents house for a (no laughing) multi-dog birthday party! They all celebrate their b-days in the Fall so we just do them all at once. Nothing big or crazy - just lots of doggie treats and toys, etc. My M/D's dog (Jester) is a Halloween puppy so it's appropriate. Once it's dark we take a stroll around the 'hood and check out the scary decorations... and then we'll watch "Blue Murder" DVDs.

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My Halloween started off with my alarm clock NOT understanding that’s not daylight savings yet--I flew out of bed at 6:30 thinking I was rushed to get the kids up and ready and out the door for an 8am soccer game. I was fluttering about the kitchen, throwing frozen waffles (not even toasted) at them, when I turned and saw that every other clock in the house said 5:30!!! UGH!

Later--the 8am soccer game (in the rain) then breakfast afterward with the team (where I smile and nod and pretend to care about the things that all the other moms care about--GAG)

Later--we will do candy etc., watch movies and hand out candy. After the kiddos go down I can put on the real scary stuff. :evil

Side note: Yesterday was costume day for the kids at school. I didn’t dress up, and when I picked them up one of the dad’s commented “let me guess, you’re a mom for Halloween” I winked at him and said. “

Pfft--please. It’s Halloween, I get to dress up as some sort of fantasy character---I am a BABYSITTER!” LOL ;)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween, y'all. Mr. Susie and I are stayin' home, giving out candy to the kiddies (hoping no one comes to the door), :) and being dressed up as ourselves - an old couple. lol.

RaineeRose

We're moving on...
Registered
Reaction score
It's raining. :( My husband and I are going to take the kids trick or treating early this evening (hoping the weather clears up), and then hand out candy to the kids that come to our door.

Before that, we will spend this holiday taking my car to the collision shop to be fixed and buying groceries. Yay! :rolleyes

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
I never dress up either.

BUT, I am wondering how many women are going to wake up tomorrow morning wearing the Amy Winehouse costume, even though they weren't wearing it when they went to bed.

Eldritch

Registered
Reaction score
In the graveyard, talking to the statues.
Halloween in our small town is huge, much like a mini Mardi Gras. We'll start the evening Trick-or-Treating then head off to an annual party, then over to the Trail of Nightmares to do some volunteering. I love hearing the chain saws and screams, followed by anguished cries of, "Ah, man! I peed my pants." :evil (Hee hee hee)

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I no longer trick-or-treat, my twin is probably contagious, and my parents don't want to have to answer the door, so I am the one who will be answering the door and handing out candy to little kids. Hopefully we don't get very many kids this year. We used to get a lot of trick-or-treaters, but in the past few years there have been significantly smaller numbers of them.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I went to a Halloween Collage Concert at our sons' college. My two boys were participants (one sang; one played piano). The performers dressed in costume and so did the audience. Fun!

Tonight I am having a Halloween party at my house. We will give out candy to the kiddies IF my husband can fix the front light. If not the candy will be devoured by my guests.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Halloween in our small town is huge, much like a mini Mardi Gras. We'll start the evening Trick-or-Treating then head off to an annual party, then over to the Trail of Nightmares to do some volunteering. I love hearing the chain saws and screams, followed by anguished cries of, "Ah, man! I peed my pants." :evil (Hee hee hee)

How awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I no longer trick-or-treat, my twin is probably contagious, and my parents don't want to have to answer the door, so I am the one who will be answering the door and handing out candy to little kids. Hopefully we don't get very many kids this year. We used to get a lot of trick-or-treaters, but in the past few years there have been significantly smaller numbers of them.

Wait there is more than one wolf in sheep's clothing?

Last night I went to a Halloween Collage Concert at our sons' college. My two boys were participants (one sang; one played piano). The performers dressed in costume and so did the audience. Fun!

Tonight I am having a Halloween party at my house. We will give out candy to the kiddies IF my husband can fix the front light. If not the candy will be devoured by my guests.

Wow that sounds very cool, Rhyme!!!!

Gemnyc

reading 24/7
Registered
Reaction score
Following that - I'm off to the parents house for a (no laughing) multi-dog birthday party! They all celebrate their b-days in the Fall so we just do them all at once. Nothing big or crazy - just lots of doggie treats and toys, etc. My M/D's dog (Jester) is a Halloween puppy so it's appropriate.
That just put such a smile on my face:D In my head they are all sat around a table singing HB'day and blowing out candles on a giant dog bone shaped cookie!

We got all dressed up and went to a posh party last night. Today, I have candy ready for the kids, and then going to the parade dressed up and then another party tonight *phew* I'm gonna get my monies worth from this costume!

halloweentortghost.gif
Hope everyone has a fun day no matter what you do!!

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
I am singing along to The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack, like I do every year. Yep, I'm a loser.