40's - they ain't so bad...

ofriv

Professore de la Rapscillion
Registered
Reaction score
For most of my life, I've been fit (12-14% BF) but as of late...its startin to get a little tougher. I did this infomercial thing called P90X about a year and a half ago - worked real good, until I stopped. Wow...Gone are the days of Pizza and Beer every night! Now I'm eating whole grains, rabbit food, and drinking water....Somebody just shoot me!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:......wait until you hit 50.......:roll:

lucidzfl

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
I already kind of eat like that. I actually find I like it better.

Of course, I think marriage has put like 20 pounds on my lil' frame.

ofriv

Professore de la Rapscillion
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah - 50 is when you get more gadgets, like false teeth, bedpans, walkers, hearing aids. And you get to start taking drugs, statin, plavix, asprin, metformen....Can't wait!

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
My teeth are getting cavities now. So I recently sat down with myself to think through ym current tooth delimma and I pondered the fact that in previous generations oral health was terrible and so most people lost nearly all teeth by their 40's ... and simultaneously most people barely lived beyond their 50's. As I pondered all that, I reminded myself how in the past decade a remarkable link was made between the health of your teeth and the overall health of your entire body. [So now I know longer scoff at the peculiar fact that modern medicine continues to uphold a separation between dentists and all other doctors to the point where the American Medical Association (AMA) contiues to be separate from the America Dental Association (ADA), and medical insurance is still totally separate from dental insurance, etc.]

The upshot is that I need to brush and floss more, dammit. :( If I'm planning to live into my 70's or 80's, I'd hate to do it without my teeth.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Bullocks. 40 is the new 26. I'm 43...eating what I want. Zero body fat. Hazoo!

L.J.

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a blog post called, '46 and Traumatized', and I am; 46 and traumatized.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 47 and I have the body of a 27 year old.

It's a big freezer. :D

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
The upshot is that I need to brush and floss more, dammit. :( If I'm planning to live into my 70's or 80's, I'd hate to do it without my teeth..
I plan to replace mine with Jaws-style titanium ones. Or, if the writing thing makes me my millions, Cohen style diamond ones. :D

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
In landscaper's years, I'm 235 and feel like it every morning. And when I say my morning prayers, I thank God for another day ... and for Alieve. By the time the first pot of coffee is gone, I'm feeling more like 94 - only twice my actual age. :)