Representation on a not-new book

flashy95

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I have a question for any literary agents out there that care to respond.

About 3 years ago, when I finished my manuscript for Learn Me Good, I sent queries out, and only received back "Thanks, but no thanks" type responses.

Now, however, Learn Me Good has to date sold almost 700 copies in print and over 500 copies on the Kindle. From many sources that I have read, self-published books are doing well to sell 200 copies.

With this sort of success (?), is there any chance that agents would be interested in taking another look at my book?

Thank you in advance!

John Pearson

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
You could try, but from what I've seen on agents blogs and other postings around this site you would need sales in the 5,000+ range before they'll get really interested.

You might put your query up in 'Share Your Work' to get the corners knocked off it

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Some agents may take on a new edition of a non-fiction book, but usually only if 1) the first edition was a success and 2) for some reason the old publisher is unavailable.

There would have to be considerable differences in content to qualify it as a new edition. Most agents will query editors about the book before taking it on.

Lucy

sky with diamonds
Registered
Reaction score
It is unlikely since the first rights have been sold.

Write something new.