PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a certain children's halloween movie

icerose
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this, so it may be ported somewhere soon.

I'm looking for a children's halloween movie I saw a few years back. I have no idea what the title is.

It's animated, very stylistic.

It had a young girl who I think her brother or friends challenged her to go inside a haunted house. She starts out being very afraid, somehow they get separated and she's sent to a halloween like world where she meets a witch/fairy who is in charge of making halloween happen, her assitant is a skeleton, she makes a friend with a young vampire. There's a sequel too I believe and she holds a party for both her friends and her halloween friends in that house as there's a kid out vandalizing the candy packages so he can make halloween not happen. That is unless it's all one and the same.

It's been a few years, it was cute, I think my kids would really like it. Any ideas on what it might be?

icerose
10-30-2009, 09:27 PM
And of course right after I hit the "post" it occurred to me to look up the cartoon network lineup as that's where they appeared.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330859/

It's Scary Godmother and there is a sequel so I'm not going crazy. Thank goodness for that.

Since my thread is now pointless, what halloween movies/books/cartoons are you going to watch? (When my kids get older I'm so going to have a scary movie thon without them!)

mamaesme
10-31-2009, 12:43 AM
I still remember Hocus Pocus. I have no idea why, but I love that movie.

Eldritch
10-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Have already watched them this year, but these are my favorites:

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (The Disney animated version)
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Bugs Bunny's Howl-oween Special

icerose
10-31-2009, 02:19 AM
Those are great suggestions. I wish netflix had them available as watch instantly. Sadly that's our only access to halloween movies this year.