I'm so excited. Tomorrow is Halloween!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Candy, costumes, kooky decorations, friends, family... what's not to like about Halloween. I'm already deviantly scheming out how to scare the you know what out of some people. I've got skulls, tombstones, spider webs, creepy signs, sounds, light and music.

It is the one day of the year that I set aside what ever amount of intelligence I have for absolute idiocy. I shall make a mummy of my son and together, he and I will haunt the hood.

A sincere Boo! to all of you,
Gehanna

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Save me a Big Hunk! I can't eat it now, but I think those things have about a thousand year shelf life, so I'll eat it when I'm feeling better!

Oh, and please....smash at least one pumpkin for me.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Gehanna, changing your son into a mummy does sound frightening ... and painful. Please be careful. :)

Last edited:

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Going to Austin to hit 6th Street and misbehave all over the place.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
We're closing up house and going out to dinner with friends. Screw all the nonsense. And candy is bad for you. When people accept people who are different every day of the year, I'll be okay with this whole dressing differently one day of the year nonsense. As it is there are too many bigots, racists, haters, two-faced people, etc, etc, etc...out there every day wearing 'masks'. When they take them off...I may think more of halloween. Disquise this! the world is too ugly for a costume party.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
I'll send warm thoughts for your Halloween, Gehanna.
Ours is canceled on account of snow. Fortunately last week was our fall carnival for the Elementary school, so we got to decorate, dress up, and the kids got bags of goodies.

Have fun and stay safe.
T.

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Just remember: Cardio and the Double Tap.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I dislike Halloween. Always have. Since the days my father bought as little candy as he could get away with and then turned off the porch light when he ran out. All so he could chase kids (mostly from my school) away from the front door if they dared to ring the bell twice.

It's a bogus "holiday" (holiday? holy day? that can't be right) that's run its course (IMO, of course).

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I love it. I think it is fun dressing up, decorating the house all spooky (I do more for Halloween than Christmas decorations). Of course, I also am the type of person to ear my Halloween socks year round. I have two young kids that love to dress up (they love that more than the candy) so even if I didn't like Halloween, I still wouldn't take it from them. Today my 1st grader has a Halloween parade and that is all she has talked about all week. It is all in good fun. Oh, and I LOVE carving pumpkins, don't ask me why.

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
Save me a Big Hunk! I can't eat it now, but I think those things have about a thousand year shelf life, so I'll eat it when I'm feeling better!

Oh, and please....smash at least one pumpkin for me.

No, no, NO smashing of pumpkins. Last year I spent hours carving a pumpkin (did the face of Jack from The Night Before Halloween) and some punk kid smashed it on the street. I was so angry.

Satori1977

Registered
Reaction score
We're closing up house and going out to dinner with friends. Screw all the nonsense. And candy is bad for you. When people accept people who are different every day of the year, I'll be okay with this whole dressing differently one day of the year nonsense. As it is there are too many bigots, racists, haters, two-faced people, etc, etc, etc...out there every day wearing 'masks'. When they take them off...I may think more of halloween. Disquise this! the world is too ugly for a costume party.

This I do agree with. But that is one of the reasons I like Halloween. I like being able to be whoever you want for one day. But I have always been very accepting of other people. I remember my first day of college. My mother pointed out a guy and a girl and told me "not to make friends with people like that". They were goth/sca kids, had piercings and tattoos, hair died, and work black and plaid outfits...the guy wore bondage pants. I actually met them, the girl lived across the hall. And they were both the sweetest people....straight edge too. No drugs, no drinking, both were vegan. Good students too, very smart. Just shows you can't tell much about people by how they look. I am glad I didn't listen to my mother, because they were great friends and I learned a lot from them.

Off my soapbox now.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
This I do agree with. But that is one of the reasons I like Halloween. I like being able to be whoever you want for one day. But I have always been very accepting of other people. I remember my first day of college. My mother pointed out a guy and a girl and told me "not to make friends with people like that". They were goth/sca kids, had piercings and tattoos, hair died, and work black and plaid outfits...the guy wore bondage pants. I actually met them, the girl lived across the hall. And they were both the sweetest people....straight edge too. No drugs, no drinking, both were vegan. Good students too, very smart. Just shows you can't tell much about people by how they look. I am glad I didn't listen to my mother, because they were great friends and I learned a lot from them.

Off my soapbox now.

my theme song came out just as I was leaving the underground scene. Ministry's Every Day is Halloween.

Rarri

Registered
Reaction score
Rarri Jr's too little for guising and i want a peaceful night, damn it! Will be turning out the lights and sending scary hubby to answer the door if anyone dare knock :D

But happy Halloween to those who are out guising or having parties :)

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
They should move Halloween to the last Friday 13th of the year.

(BTW, don't forget to change your clocks on November 1)

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Saw this pic in email today:

pumpkindrunk.jpg

Eldritch

Registered
Reaction score
In the graveyard, talking to the statues.
The only thing I don't like about Halloween night is that it's not long enough. Somehow I'll have to squeeze in Trick-or-Treating, attending a party, and volunteering at the Trail of Nightmares.

Off to carve some pumpkins now. Just hope they don't rot too quickly in this ridiculously hot weather. At least the temp's down to eighty-two degrees today.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, no, NO smashing of pumpkins. Last year I spent hours carving a pumpkin (did the face of Jack from The Night Before Halloween) and some punk kid smashed it on the street. I was so angry.

That was yours? Sorry. You know they just end up rotting anyway, right?

I am wearing my costume right now at work. I am the only one doing this : /

Way to roll with it.

Saw this pic in email today:

pumpkindrunk.jpg

I only wish I had thought of that first.

Joslin Dee

Forgetting book endings is my superpower
Registered
Reaction score
The town I live in actually rescheduled halloween so that no one would miss our college football game, and all 75,000 inhabitants trick or treated on Thursday night. Does anyone else find this decision just a tad bit high handed?

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not at all. I'm thinking of rescheduling Festivus this year because it lands on bunco night.