PDA

View Full Version : Vein Art sketch blog

veinglory
10-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Since I have devoted my main website exclusively to writing I decided to start a blog focussed more on my illustrations and photos, centred around putting up a sketch or snapshot everyday. Any comments appreciated.

http://veinart.blogspot.com/

Liosse de Velishaf
10-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Well, there's not all that much content up there.

I can't say I was particularly impressed by the few sketches that were. On the other hand, I am not anything even close to an art critic.

The theme is a little dull (not quite the word, but oh well), and yet it seems to go pretty good with pen sketches, and is easy on the eyes. No major clutter either.

I'm just not sure if there is enough to support a blog. But, again, with so little content up, it's hard to judge.

veinglory
11-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I have added a few more pieces. Maybe that will up the interest level?

the addster
11-03-2009, 01:02 AM
I thought it was interesting. I like that you've mixed it up a bit.

Sounds like quite a challenge to put something up everyday.

veinglory
11-03-2009, 01:22 AM
It will work so long as I have a backlog ;)
My goal is mainly personal rather than for an audience but hopefully a few people will like it and I want to make it is appealling as possible. It will mix casual sketches and snapshots that I do pretty much dailly with some older pieces I should really get back to and finish.... and if any piece attracts public attention that will be a message to me that it is worth developing....

the addster
11-03-2009, 01:31 AM
I can imagine.

I really appreciate anyone who can do colored pencil work.

I bookmarked it.

Glamour177
11-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I am always impressed with anyone that can paint, draw, or do anything artistic.

I think your entries need an explanation though. I know some of them may just be doodles, so those are fine as is, but I always wonder what is going on behind the art.

veinglory
11-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the idea. I will try and put in some text if i can think of anything that might be interesting to say about a piece.

brokenheart
11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
I like what your doing hun...nice

Jenny
12-04-2009, 04:20 AM
First thing I did was salute your bravery. It's hard enough for me to share my writing. Sharing sketches is too personal. What if someone didn't like them? Though I liked yours, particularly "Youth". My only suggestion is to second the suggestion for captions with the sketches. But no, they're not necessary and maybe not what you want the blog to be.

skippingstone
12-05-2009, 12:07 AM
I, too, liked "youth."

I'd be interested in seeing the evolution of a sketch to a finished product. Or would that be too much of a pain to document? You'd have to keep stopping to photograph it, I guess.

veinglory
12-05-2009, 12:17 AM
As is probably obvious in my blog, a sketch a lot more than I finish--and only some of those I finish could be considered 'successful". But I could certainly try to document development from one to the other :)

GabrielNovo
12-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Veinglory, I like the site design. It reminds me of Lunch Bag Art (http://lunchbagart.tumblr.com/), which is a good thing. Artwork is the focus with everything else supporting the art.

I do have a couple of questions though. Is there a reason you're going with a self hosted blogger blog as opposed to a social art site like DeviantArt or an Oekaki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oekaki) board? Is Epilogue Gallery similar to those, but more in your niche?

Overall it's a great start.

TabithaTodd
12-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I find your art work titillating and dark. I like it. Very nicely done art work as well, I especially like the Fall and Spring one, very nice.

As another artist myself, I enjoy other artists work - the blog is easy on the eyes for theme, it puts your work to the front rather than detracting away from the work with fancy smacy backgrounds. I find a lot of artists with blogs tend to beef up the fanciness of the backgrounds on their blogs that removes the key center of the blog - their art work. I like the theme you chose because it centers on your work rather than the template of the blog.

It really does go well with ink pen sketches too like another poster said.

veinglory
12-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback :)

Regan Leigh
12-30-2009, 02:58 AM
Simple, stylish, and cool. I like it. :)