Happy Thread

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
(huh, the first thread i've ever started in office party. howabout that?)

Anyway, i iz happy. :snoopy:

Last couple weeks i've been in a creative dead-zone. Been busy enough--querying one novel, editing another, nurdling away at a new first-draft--but not feeling it, if y'know what i mean. There's been no magic. No cracksnappop, no skipjumpdance. Oh, there's been ideas. There's always ideas. But i just haven't been able to make myself care about any of them. There's been nothing to make me smile for the sheer sake of writing.

I'd lost my mojo. :cry:

And then last night i revisited an idea that's sitting in my Maybe folder and that i hadn't touched for a few months, and read what i'd written on it and felt some of that familiar tingle. Just a touch. Just enough to remind me of how good it is and how much i need it.

Left it overnight, came back to it today, and kazaam!

Dropped right into the zone. Cranked out 1650ish words in just over an hour. Could see the story like i was flying over it in a helicopter. Could connect all the permutations and dots and subplots like i had a map right in front of me.

Damn it's good to feel that again.

I got my mojo back, and the engine's running hot. :hat:

:box::Guitar::fistpump

*iz dances*

(just had to share that with peeps who'd understand. you may return to your regularly scheduled office party programming :D)

((oh, and if there's anything that makes you especially happy put it here))

Last edited:

S.J.

Addict? I can quit whenever I want!
Registered
Reaction score
Wooo! I <3 that feeling. :tongue

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
That is the most incredible feeling. When that happens, I always feel like the sky is clear and I can see for 100,000 miles...

It is the best.

I read once that you are supposed to write down how you feel when that happens, so you will have it to remind yourself of, later. I guess you should copy and save that post!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
yeah, guess i should...

right after i finish eating Susie's cake

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
You GO! I love that feeling too... especially after a long period of being in "a rut"! :hooray:

Last edited:

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
What a great line. Gave me a rush and a very cool mental image to go along with the sentence. :)
A Russian helicopter?

*snerkle*

see what mojo does to Iz? it makes him pun badly.

I need some happy.
Then let's make this a proper happy thread. What are those things that give you moments of pure, unadulterated happiness or contentment?

I'll start...

It's spring here in NZ, and a couple days ago i looked out my window and saw four adolescent sparrows pecking about on my lawn, with new lush feathers, just minding their own business.

For some reason i watched them for two minutes, a silly little smile on my face.

:Sun: