Best Beer / Worst Beer

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please share which is your most favorite and least favorite....

Me?

Guinness / Coors

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
St Peter's lives somewhere on the farthest banks of Lovely.

Heineken tastes like something ejected from an outlet pipe of an Intercity Express.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
XX-- or Dos Equis. Never mind the glitzy commercials. This has been my favorite beer for thirty years. I once threw up a six pack of tepid and possibly skunked Falstaff that had been setting in the back tank of my dorm toilet. the nuns were on a blitzkrieg room search and my roomie and i destroyed the evidence. Might have been the urgency of the moment, but a can of Falstaff could give me a case of the dry heaves even ten years later. Do they still brew that stuff?--s6

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
St Peter's lives somewhere on the farthest banks of Lovely.

Mmm, I love St Peter's! Earlier this year their US importer came to our local food-snob shop and did a tasting of all the beers, paired with food. It was awesome.

Favorite: I hate to choose just one. Lost Coast's Great White would probably be number one. Stone's Vanilla Bean Cask-Aged Smoked Porter and Unibroue's Maudite tied for second place.

Worst beer: Bud/Bud Lite/Coors/Miller/Miller Lite. I have a Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale bike jersey, and over one of the shoulders it says "Fizzy yellow beer is for wimps" :D

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
St Peter's in the US?

(Heart swells with pride.)

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Favorite: I hate to choose just one. Lost Coast's Great White would probably be number one. Stone's Vanilla Bean Cask-Aged Smoked Porter and Unibroue's Maudite tied for second place.

this sounds divine!!!

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
St Peter's in the US?

(Heart swells with pride.)

LOL! I have only seen them in like 2 bars and one shop here. I think California has a good market for tasty expensive beer. Plus St Peter's is starting to sell their new gluten-free beer, which is really delicious. There's only one gluten free beer on the market right now (redbridge) and from all reports it's lousy.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
11429103_gal.jpg

whoops....wrong pic.
2nd try,....

Guinness-1-1.jpg

lock thread.

Last edited:

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Favorite beer? Let me think...oh, I know...The kind that is available.

And, uhh...well, when I am low on funds I don't have a least favorite type of beer.

:e2drunk:

Freelancer

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.crystalshadeangeni.com
Here in my country, I usually prefer Heineken. When I visit my cousin in the United Kingdom, I prefer Strongbow. But when I lived in Spain I preferred Mahon (That's one of the best there and it's also one of the favorite of the Spanish people.). So my favorite is depending from my geographical location. :) Also I rather prefer Whiskey over Beer. But in the reality I'm rarely drinking.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

I couldn't possibly have just one. I've historically been a fan of the Porter/Stout family--Guinness is never wrong.

But there's a lot of micro breweries around here. Lately, I've been very fond of Kona Longboard Porter--it's seasonal, but it's just been releases; dark beer with coffee and chocolate overtones. I sorta fell in love with this one.

Moosedrool

Descheute's Black Butte Porter (thank you Mr. blacbird!)

And just last night Dundee's Honey Brown -- this one's a session beer, at 4.5 ABV, but it's sorta lovely. I'm working on the review even now.

Boundary Bay's Oatmeal Stout, Scotch Ale, Special IPA

I'm starting to like IPAs, lately; never much did in the past.

I don't know that I have a worst--I tried all the American Macro beers I could find locally, and managed to survive. PBR is fabulous if it's what you've got. I have no problem with Bud on a hot day at a Dodger's game.

I'm going to go with Rainer for worst. I had to have Boundary Bay Scotch Ale as a chaser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I'm by no means a seasoned beer drinker but here goes:

My favorite - Smithwicks (I had it in Ireland many, many moons ago and actually liked it. I think it's available here, but I haven't tried it. I don't want to ruin the memory. :))

least favorite - Amstel - it smells like skunk to me. I don't want to drink anything that smells like skunk.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Best is Fursty Ferret. It's a British beer by a company called Badger Brewery. :)

Not sure about worst. I tend to like most beers.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
All of them are worst. I never learned to like beer. They all sucked...IMHO. lol

(I don't like the taste of coffee either....sigh.)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Simple and affordable, I'd say Dos Equis. If you want to get expensive, I can list a dozen good ones.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
list away, Wayne!

it's favorites, I'm not asking you to fork out any cash! :)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I follow a certain Aw members blog about beer. Her user name rhymes with Schmidevilist.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
That's easy. Labat's Blue is the best - never had it till I went to Canada. The problem is it's better in Canada than it is if you buy it imported from the US.

Worst? Not a fan of Heinekin. Or Bud Light.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Can't possibly narrow it down to one. There are so many great beers out there. And locally we have Sprecher, Lake Front, New Glarus, Tyranena and then there are the brew pubs. Fresh beer is always the best.

As far as worst, any light beer, and the lighter the worser, so that by the time you get to Michelob Ultra, you've hit rock bottom.

Best is Fursty Ferret. It's a British beer by a company called Badger Brewery. :)

ferret0508.jpg

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Corona's an excellent breakfast beer.

Miller Lite is my favorite cheap beer.

I like Blue Moon a lot.

Man...I like a lot of beer. I can't narrow it down to just one!

Tink

Just soaking up some R&R...
Registered
Reaction score
Can't possibly narrow it down to one. There are so many great beers out there. And locally we have Sprecher, Lake Front, New Glarus, Tyranena and then there are the brew pubs. Fresh beer is always the best.

As far as worst, any light beer, and the lighter the worser, so that by the time you get to Michelob Ultra, you've hit rock bottom.

ferret0508.jpg
I sure am glad I didn't list Micalob Ultra as my favorite beer in my previous post. ;)

Deleted member 42

All of them are worst. I never learned to like beer. They all sucked...IMHO. lol

(I don't like the taste of coffee either....sigh.)

Wendy, if you ever get curious, you might try one of the beers with honey, or fruit.

And have you tried/do you like hard cider?

I like hard cider (apple) fine, but I'm still in mourning for the Pear Cider that the Westwood Brewery near UCLA used to make. It was lovely in every respect. Haven't found one I like nearly as well--though I keep looking.