JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Who's seen it? Any good?
I've been thinking of taking a look for a while, and now the three-season box set has come down a fair bit in price, and I'm back in work again, so I have the cash. But, is it worth it?
I downloaded :)eek:) episode one last night, just to get a taster before I buy - but I thought I'd get some input from you guys too.
Might be worth it just to see Lovejoy as a gritty cowboy. :tongue

Last edited:

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
My hubby and I really like that show. The language is completely poetic and horribly offensive all at the same time, so it takes a little getting used to. Definitely the kind of thing I think writerly types would like to watch =)

I wish they would come out with another season. Does anyone know if that's in the plans?

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
It's awesome! Greatest TV western ever.

Gretad08 is right. the language is wild-ass. It's like Shakespeare mixed with sailor-cussing, and the verbal gymnastics they do when speaking is a spectacular treat for the ears.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly, there won't be any more seasons.

I forget how well resolved it was after the last season...I'm sure there's things left unresolved.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
It wasn't resolved. It was supposed to be resolved with a 2 hour movie, but it never got the final greenlight

and again, YES, definitely watch it. It's on my list as one of the greatest series ever on TV.

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
It wasn't resolved. It was supposed to be resolved with a 2 hour movie, but it never got the final greenlight

and again, YES, definitely watch it. It's on my list as one of the greatest series ever on TV.

Contrary to popular opinion, I felt like it was resolved. I wanted it to go on, but I think the narrative arc ended when it needed to artistically: on a sad, grim, dark note.

"He wants me to tell him something pretty"

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Contrary to popular opinion, I felt like it was resolved. I wanted it to go on, but I think the narrative arc ended when it needed to artistically: on a sad, grim, dark note.

"He wants me to tell him something pretty"

well, the writer/creator disagrees with you.
(I watched all the special features on the DVD set)

I sort of wanted there to be a movie to end the series, but I also did not want to be disappointed. Like I was with the X-Files movies.

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
Yeah I did too. But I also got the feeling the writer/director knew what was going to happen with the show, and that he did a good job putting an artistic close to things.

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
I own the first two seasons and plan to buy the last. It's truly fantastic. Top-notch writing and acting. I've heard it called a, "Shakespearian western", and I find that description very fitting.

Gynn

Wandering worlds
Registered
Reaction score
I don't watch TV, but I watched 'Deadwood' religiously. Awesome show.