Is there anything worse than weak coffee?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Gah...I just drank a cup of the weakest coffee I think I've ever had. It was almost like drinking water.

It's always cracked me up how simple things like coffee and tea are to make, but how vastly different they can taste depending on who makes them. And that some people, no matter how hard they try, can't make either of them. :tongue

So tell me, what is worse than a weak cup of coffee? Cause man, that was terrible.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. We make our own coffee, us girls in the front office. And once I made the mistake of letting on particular woman make the coffee. Never again. It was so incredibly weak. Now I make it every day.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
no coffee at all sucks eggs too.
just sayin'.

MoonWriter

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with cray. Weak coffee is better than no coffee. What's worse than no coffee? How about an undercooked fried egg where the albumen slowly spreads across your plate?

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
The free coffee from our floor's vending machine. Rather than give us a kettle and instant coffee (which would be infinitely better), they have this machine that offers loads of choice but everything tastes like sludge or mud but you have to drink it because my word is so mind-numbingly boring I need the caffeine. >_<

And we can't bring our own kettle because it's a fire hazard apparently.

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have no business responding, but I will anyway.
Until a little while ago I liked my coffee strong. Double what most people would drink. If it didn't argue on the way down, then there was no point in drinking it.
One day I had the urge to thin it and I did. Now I take it so thin it barely qualifies as coffee.
In short, there's nothing worse than weak coffee unless something weird has possessed you and you now have to have it that way.

I'll go quietly.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with cray. Weak coffee is better than no coffee. What's worse than no coffee? How about an undercooked fried egg where the albumen slowly spreads across your plate?

*makes toast*

*mops up undercooked egg and eats it*

yum yum.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
A close second.

off_coff.gif

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I have no business responding, but I will anyway.
Until a little while ago I liked my coffee strong. Double what most people would drink. If it didn't argue on the way down, then there was no point in drinking it.
One day I had the urge to thin it and I did. Now I take it so thin it barely qualifies as coffee.
In short, there's nothing worse than weak coffee unless something weird has possessed you and you now have to have it that way.

I'll go quietly.

That is definitely...strange...

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
The egg thing, yes. Ugh.

Worse than weak coffee - which sucks - is coffee so old and burnt that creamer turns it grey. *shudder*

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
I love super runny eggs. I even eat them raw with a bit of salt when they come from a good farm and are very fresh. Delish!

The tea at our office is somewhat better than the coffee. My guess is that because I live in England, the company that provides the horror in the machines just couldn't bring themselves to commit such a heresy as providing tea that was worse than their coffee. You can only go so far before you feel dirty I guess ;)

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like all kinds of eggs as long as they have enough salt on them.

Now, as far as the coffee goes.....

I have to have cream. So, the worst for me is when I pour the coffee and sugar only to realize that there is NO cream.

so, I vote that no cream for the coffee is worse.

thank you, Good Sir.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I just drank a cup of coffee without sugar. I was in the kitchen getting coffee and got distracted. I went back to my desk and starting drinking it but was too lazy to go back and get sugar. But it was icky.

Ellefire

Citizen Of Planet Random
Registered
Reaction score
i drink coffee very strong with no sugar and a splash of milk. Dh drinks it weaker with sugar and more milk (builder's coffee urgh)
I find it hilarious when he picks the wrong mug up and drinks it without looking. Take that coffee stealer!

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Is there anything worse than weak coffee?

Yes - weak coffee with grappa in it! blech!

And ice in Scotch.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
warm beer is just as bad

under-browned toast at restaurants is a real pet peeve of mine. "Raw" toast is bad.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So tell me, what is worse than a weak cup of coffee? Cause man, that was terrible.

My dad was on nuclear submarines in the Navy. He swears this story is true. Apparently life on a submarine consists of long stretches of boredom and doing horrible things to one's crewmates. Anyways, so this guy is on watch and another guy brings him coffee. There's some sort of longstanding feud/prank war/mutually assured destruction pact between them. The guy stirs his coffee with a pen...and a single kernel of corn floats to the top. He thinks for a minute. They had corn for dinner the night before last.

Yes, that's right, the only thing worse than weak coffee: poop coffee.